Indicating that you are graduating early on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deletus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do medical schools take much stock into our planned activities that we mention in our secondaries?

I mentioned in my application that I would be planning early to pursue shadowing and scribing in the spring semester.

Let’s say I end deciding to take another semester for the typical 4 years, would it look bad? I can still scribe and shadow during that time, albeit not as much if I already graduated. Do med schools take much stock into our planned graduation date?

Should I send an update to schools if I graduate in spring?

Members don't see this ad.

Do medical schools take much stock into our planned activities that we mention in our secondaries?

I mentioned in my application that I would be planning early to pursue shadowing and scribing in the spring semester.

Let’s say I end deciding to take another semester for the typical 4 years, would it look bad? I can still scribe and shadow during that time, albeit not as much if I already graduated. Do med schools take much stock into our planned graduation date?

Should I send an update to schools if I graduate in spring?
While I can't say for all medical schools, I'm pretty sure most medical schools would basically consider future activities as important but unfulfilled. In a huge applicant pool, we are more likely to take those who have the experiences versus those who don't. That's at least an advantage for planning a gap year if you have a solid GPA... all your grades are in. No need to update schools if you graduate in the spring unless you are otherwise prompted.

Reactions: 1 user