Matrix Mafia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hence why they're my second choice atm :p

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hi. I feel terrible about not meeting post min. It will not happen again
I can't guarantee I won't fall asleep in the next ten minutes but I'm going to attempt to catch up some. Sorry all for my lack of participation thus far. Should be better the next couple days.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yeet Clem

Explain math thingy you mentioned. ANd why you only said that and dipped off thread (When flip was posted you reacted to it so I take it you where kinda around at the time so just weirded out on what was on your mind at EoD)
Sorry, what is the math thingy you mention here? I've seen you bring it up a few times and idk what you are referring to
Also, while I could say I agree with what @potentialsheltervet said about Achro at EoD seemed like good points and I think Achro needs to be more discussed. I am a bit wary of why you didnt vote for mkg and tried to do a cfd like... 10 minutes before day was over. You really thought after all the day of discussion you would come in and in 10 minutes just do a big shift ?

If that would've happened it'd be just bad play from town. And idk if it was like -5 min til close and the wagons being tied at shinichi-mkg , you saying you suspected mkg and you were going to let it rand??
Meh, I wasn't caught up on the thread until relatively close to close. I probably wouldn't have let it rand, but as I mentioned I'm kinda weak to AtE and I feel like I have something with achro. So I wanted to pursue that.
Skimming Melee right now. @samac , I did find you sus but mostly because of the "Huh" response which was cleared up. You're always a little sketch to me early, but it has felt different this game. Not sure if it's d/t champs rep armor or something else, but something that I'm still mulling over.
Didn't you very firmly claim samac as scum yesterday? I don't get what you mean when you mention the champs rep armor affecting your read
Come on now, you know this is wrong now.
Eh?

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean it's just pure math right

And I haven't really read enough to make an informed decision based on thread context or whatever, so math is my friend
Oh I see. Nvm santy I remember
I want to give shot gun reads because sometimes that helps me

1. @Clem J - scum
2. @Santygrass - village
4. @potentialsheltervet - scum
5. @moonstermash - village
6. @samac
7. @holdthemayo - village
8. @Zenge142 - village
9. @genny - village
10. @WildZoo - village
11. @Stagg737 - scum
12. @ShinichiMD - scum
13. @Gikkle - village
14. @Achromatic - village

My scum side is too narrow.
Möther pls
I hate looking at the matrix, it makes my head hurt
I genuinely glanced at it one time, went, "nah this is beyond me byeeee!" and have not looked at it since. Someone could claim pumpkin that shoots laser beams out its ass and I'd be like well, yeah. That's a real role!
Watch mayo be the doctor or some **** and just not here lol
holdtheinfo

• Haha
Day 2 Yeet Tally
Shini (1) - moon 20
Clem () -
Achro (1) - Santy 79
Stagg (1) - Dubz 36
moon (1) - Clem 45
Gikkle (1) - samac 39

5/13
yeet close in ~21.5 hours

Oh my god. Matrix is referring to the grid at the beginning. I was like "damn, I've never seen those movies?"

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
That is deeply cringe tbf
Are you referring to Stagg's post or Dubz's response?
I thought it was to say that was why Achro was reading moon wolfy?? Because PRs act like "scared kittens" and it comes across wolfy? Idk.
This is also how I took it. I don't think he responded directly to me mentioning it except to say he has a tendency to try yeeting PRs.
Not that I thought it would matter because of the mafia blocker, but Zenge. He's the player I feel best about after mkg's flip.
What about mkg's flip made you feel good about Zenge?
(Now, this last part is a joke. Tangentially, is medical malpractice as big an issue in veterinary practice as it is in human medicine?)
The grown ups have probably already addressed this but yes and no. Unlike human med there is no gold standard for vet med so unless it's outlined in the state veterinary practice act, malpractice tends to be... A bit more subjective, I feel?

I mean the specific type of emptiness I'm mostly failing to describe  is wolfy
It’s such a weird dynamic though, no?

Like I can’t say this is a low effort slot. The Gikkle hasn’t been as consistently rock star in their approach throughout the game, but you can’t tell me they haven’t had a few bangers?

I’m asking, is this your top wolf read? Maybe you feel like a lack of pitch forks and torches is suspicious, but do you really think they’re howling the loudest?

That’s what I’m asking.

• Hmm
@Santygrass I think Clemy Clemy Bo Blemy is pure. I feel it in my bones.

TBH, I didn't really understand the mkg wagon much, it kinda felt like it popped up out of nowhere. Whereas being on the Shinichi wagon (with mkg) made more sense to me. It's probably where I would have gone if I didn't get overwhelmed and lose track of time, whoops.
I guess I understand this point of view in retrospect.
PoE at the moment is Moon, Achro, Dubz, Samac (unordered)
It is absolutely bafflingly to me that you have Samac and Dubz in here for "red flags". Can you be more specific?
oho

Alright, I caught up, but I was hoping to get the spreadsheet done and posted, and I'm not quite there yet. (I should really figure out how Nate automates things, I'm silly enough to do it all manually.) Hopefully I'll have more time for that tonight/early tomorrow.

In the meantime, this is where I'm at:

Zenge
Achro

samac & Dubz

Clem J
PSV
Santy

mayo/marmot
genny
Stagg737

Gikkle
Shinichi

Sorry to drop a list and run, but I'll answer any questions when I can.
Why is Gikkle this low?
Achro, Clem, PSV, Shinichi, mayo --> marmot
Huh? Why me?
It just occurs to me that put down has two different meanings.
Three. Euthanize the math.
Santy gave a solid argument. Other things were that I wasn't a fan of the sudden backing off of Zenge, then voting for Moon after the weird interaction between them, then unvoting Moon and almost immediately following me onto MKG
Excuse me? I made this argument first. I mean, not to sound like a first grader, but I was the one who brought up Achro yesterday EOD with multiple of these same thoughts.
vote: Achromatic

my legacy is to murder the **** out of santy

reading up on why space might have been n1'd now
Ooh, difference check between santy and achro

• Care
I skimmed through the posts since isoing here is annoying. Can you cite a post?
Iso used to be better but allegedly this forum isn't dedicated to mafia games so now we have this crappy search
Also nevermind Santy hyper posting is probably town Santy.
Agree with the read but not the reason
unvote: Achromatic

I was gut checking santy there you may stop twitching now.
How was a self vote checking sanity

Members don't see this ad :)
Basically I wanted to see how the dog reacted when it caught up with the car.

I thunk santy reacted from an uninformed perspective as I can't imagine someone who us familiar with me would act so unbothered if they knew I was town. I am a pretty annoying person to have tunneled on you. Especially when I am right.

Santy didn't give any indication he knew my alignment during that time imo

• Hmm
I thunk santy reacted from an uninformed perspective as I can't imagine someone who us familiar with me would act so unbothered if they knew I was town. I am a pretty annoying person to have tunneled on you. Especially when I am right.
Do you think he would have deduced this from the one game you played together?

Do you think he would have deduced this from the one game you played together?
Considered I ripped the head off of a very good scum player, probably

I also think santy has seen me play a few times besides that one game. Mashes mostly but he should remember the vibe of town me

If my memory is serving me he has been scum against me twice and neither time do I remember him particularly wanting to square up with me.

Are you referring to Stagg's post or Dubz's response?

This is also how I took it. I don't think he responded directly to me mentioning it except to say he has a tendency to try yeeting PRs.

What about mkg's flip made you feel good about Zenge?

The grown ups have probably already addressed this but yes and no. Unlike human med there is no gold standard for vet med so unless it's outlined in the state veterinary practice act, malpractice tends to be... A bit more subjective, I feel?
Stagg's lol

It’s such a weird dynamic though, no?

Like I can’t say this is a low effort slot. The Gikkle hasn’t been as consistently rock star in their approach throughout the game, but you can’t tell me they haven’t had a few bangers?

I’m asking, is this your top wolf read? Maybe you feel like a lack of pitch forks and torches is suspicious, but do you really think they’re howling the loudest?

That’s what I’m asking.
I think we're fundamentally talking on different wavelengths here lol

I'm really evaluating it through a macro, holistic, vibes of the slot approach, gikkle having micro stuff that feels fine or good isn't super relevant to the read because the whole picture feels really scummy to me. Like...it's not really an effort thing, having a few bangers (which I'll take your word for tbh, I haven't seen any in his posts, but ymmv) doesn't negate that as a whole it's just...a lot of bleh. Like it just feels like they're saying stuff that they think people will read and go "yes, that's smart, sure, you can be town" rather than saying things because they actually have conviction in them

Again I usually really try to avoid talking in these terms because it's not such a confident read that I'm 100% sure I'm not insulting their town game, which If that's the case I'm sorry gikkle the problem is me not you

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
But yeah tldr absent mechanics gikkle is my top sr atm and it's not a "poe I guess" read I actually think their play is scummy

Basically I wanted to see how the dog reacted when it caught up with the car.

Santy didn't give any indication he knew my alignment during that time imo
I don't think santy specifically would care about that at all but I may be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Iso used to be better but allegedly this forum isn't dedicated to mafia games so now we have this crappy search
To be fair to the forum, Threadloom ceasing to exist was a decision by that software company, not SDN punishing us for playing werewolf lol

• Haha
I don't think santy specifically would care about that at all but I may be wrong 🤷‍♀️

I dont really think my reaction would be much different if I were a wolf but can't really say for sure wowee

I'm thinking the yeet today should be one between Gikkle, Achromatic or Stagg.

@Zenge142 who are the players you are 👀 with wolfy energy?

Think maybe I'm being too lenient with the low content slots like shinichi/psv/marmot , but tbh I could see them going either way. And think one of those three names would help us to progress in the game much more and feel more likely to flip scum

Meh, I wasn't caught up on the thread until relatively close to close. I probably wouldn't have let it rand, but as I mentioned I'm kinda weak to AtE and I feel like I have something with achro. So I wanted to pursue that.

But were you aware at EoD that it eas tied between MKG and Shinichi and froze because you were weak to AtE, or you just didnt notice the tie? Also, what AtE?

Of that list Achro.

I think Stagg is just a villager tbh.

I’m still holding out hope for a village Gikkle but I definitely need to see some more content and solving.
Think maybe I'm being too lenient with the low content slots like shinichi/psv/marmot , but tbh I could see them going either way. And think one of those three names would help us to progress in the game much more and feel more likely to flip scum
Yeah, I don’t disagree. I’d like to see Marmot pop on.

And while I can find a town rationale for Shinichi’s actions enough for me to unvote and consider looking elsewhere, it’s by no means clearing. They’re lack of presence this cycle is particularly difficult to manage.

I think PSV is village though, but with the footnote that she’s an exceptionally good wolf and I’ve been fooled before. -Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice… we don’t get fooled again.

I think PSV is village though, but with the footnote that she’s an exceptionally good wolf and I’ve been fooled before. -Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice… we don’t get fooled again.
And I guess this should serve as a counter balance to your PSV concern, because you frequently tend to misread village PSV as a wolf

@WildZoo thoughts on Achro and Gikkle atm?
I know you were waiting for Achro to be in thread to expand on some questions/thoughts

Do not worry, you are not the first person to mistake me for having wolfy energy upon first meeting me. That's just my charming personality.

• Haha
  • Care
I was hoping for more from Marmot given that slot has done nothing, hopefully today.

Still waiting to pass judgment on Gikkle's soul as well.

I do actually have an idea for a solve that I’ve been ruminating on.

I don’t want to type it all out right now, as I’m at work, and there’s a lot I want to lay out.

• Hmm
I think Stagg is just a villager tbh.

Also, on this note. How good is the track record of dubz and samac reading Stagg?

A big part in how I perceive stagg comes from the thought that both of them seem to have soulvibed in that this is stagg wolfmeta

Santy, what can I do to help you find me? You seem very lost in regards to me.

Also, on this note. How good is the track record of dubz and samac reading Stagg?
As good as the chances of an orangutan slapping a fruit fly on the backside of a water buffalo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A big part in how I perceive stagg comes from the thought that both of them seem to have soulvibed in that this is stagg wolfmeta
I’ll ruminate on this a little and get back to you.

• Haha
Santy, what can I do to help you find me? You seem very lost in regards to me.
I am. I think its mostly the sentiment of not feeling that you arr solving the /macro/ part of the game and being mostly reactive focusing on present without like, going back to stuff and incorporating things from your own mind?

Which if that how you are playing rn and not investing fully is okay, but that is what usually generates takes and lets me see how your mind flows and possibly vibe.

So I think the best you can do is solve / possibly look for blind spots that I am having.

I was thinking of doing the mountainous exercise in which you look and try to lock the game finfing half of the players alive+1 as town

Think with Me/Samac/genny/Zenge/Clem/Dubz I still have one left grumble grumble

I mean… I’m having a hard time imagining Moon isn’t the doctor they’re claiming to be.

• Hmm
I mean… I’m having a hard time imagining Moon isn’t the doctor they’re claiming to be.
If moon were scum do you think they wouldnt claim? Or claim something different?

There not being a cc is a good point. But also them not being dead a bad point.

I think Doctor is 6 of the 10 setups. So 40% that there is no doctor.

I think smart thing is keeping them around and see how it resolves later, but it isnt clearing

• Hmm
I am. I think its mostly the sentiment of not feeling that you arr solving the /macro/ part of the game and being mostly reactive focusing on present without like, going back to stuff and incorporating things from your own mind?

Which if that how you are playing rn and not investing fully is okay, but that is what usually generates takes and lets me see how your mind flows and possibly vibe.

So I think the best you can do is solve / possibly look for blind spots that I am having.

I was thinking of doing the mountainous exercise in which you look and try to lock the game finfing half of the players alive+1 as town

I will try. The lack of a good iso feature does not make me enthused to go back. Especially when my free time atm is mostly phone posting.

Which one is dubz agaib

Tbh your issue with me is likely entirely 'achro doesn't like this site very much' lmao

But if it's causing you to misread me I guess I have to suck it up.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users