Would you eat a poop hot dog to gain admission to your first choice school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you eat a poop hot dog to get into your first choice school?

• Yes

Votes: 2,011 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,168 36.7%

• Total voters
He hasn’t been seen on SDN since 2006....RIP
The necrosis must've got him :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's never that serious to put your health on the line think people . I'm not that desperate, find a new career lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I would, even for admission to a low tier medical school. Don't judge me.

Reactions: 2 users
I finally gave in and ate a **** hotdog this morning. When can I expect to receive my Harvard acceptance letter?

Reactions: 6 users
It depends.

Whose poop is it?

Is it a soft wet poop or a rock hard poop?

Can I put mustard and Ketchup on it?

Can I get drunk for it?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What a time to be alive.

Yes. I’ll eat 2. What else they want? Kidney? Go for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This thread started when I was 10 years old. I really wonder what some of those original posters are up to today.

In retrospect, no

I went to college 2000-2005. My friends who didn't make the decision I made bought their homes at the bottom of the market, bought stock at the bottom of the market, and many (not all) are sitting on 300k equity and million dollar stock portfolios now.

Last edited:
In retrospect, no

I went to college 2000-2005. My friends who didn't make the decision I made bought their homes at the bottom of the market, bought stock at the bottom of the market, and many (not all) are sitting on 300k equity and million dollar stock portfolios now.
yeah, but there are whole bunches of people who were laid off in the great recession and never fully recovered to the professional level job. people who still cant afford to buy a house, are underemployed, and got laid off again during rona.

yeah, but there are whole bunches of people who were laid off in the great recession and never fully recovered to the professional level job. people who still cant afford to buy a house, are underemployed, and got laid off again during rona.
True, I was using a sample size not representative of the general population. My checks clear and the work is at worst not bad, so there's that

Hi everyone. I'm back to make sure everyone is doing well and continuing to debate the most important question of their pre-professional lives. Decades later, I would still eat a poop hot dog to get into medical school, though I don't know I would eat one to get into my first choice medical school. As I've mentioned earlier, at many times during training I'd have eaten a poop hot dog to get OUT of medicine. But now that I've learned the trade, I'm about as happy as can be. It's an immensely gratifying field, and sometimes you need to wade through **** before you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Reactions: 15 users
Hi everyone. I'm back to make sure everyone is doing well and continuing to debate the most important question of their pre-professional lives. Decades later, I would still eat a poop hot dog to get into medical school, though I don't know I would eat one to get into my first choice medical school. As I've mentioned earlier, at many times during training I'd have eaten a poop hot dog to get OUT of medicine. But now that I've learned the trade, I'm about as happy as can be. It's an immensely gratifying field, and sometimes you need to wade through **** before you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
I would eat a poop hotdog to get my first choice residency. The anxiety of ruminating on how I’m coming across on zoom interviews, and if they like me, is eating me up. March is too far away.

Hell, I'd eat a footlong **** dog if got me an interview invite.

I would eat a poop hotdog to get my first choice residency. The anxiety of ruminating on how I’m coming across on zoom interviews, and if they like me, is eating me up. March is too far away.

“would you like to participate in the match and wait until March to find out where you will be a resident, OR eat a supersized poop hot dog and know now?”

*everyone scrambles for the nearest NRMP Poop Distributor™

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
No, absolutely not.... Oh gosh, does this mean I'm pursing the wrong path?!

• Haha
Wow OP of 18 year old thread still at it strong! What field did you end up going in to?

Reactions: 5 users
Cannot believe I'm replying, but you have to weigh the pros and cons:

Eating the poop hot dog:
pros: ensured acceptance to your top school, happiness for four years and maybe more, whatever resources your top school affords you, potentially less student debt
cons: it's gross af, potential illness because...yeah

Not eating the poop hot dog:
pros: avoid grossness and possible illness, you may get accepted to your top pick anyway.
cons: But also you may not get accepted.

With all the pros and cons as they stand, I personally would eat it. There's a risk of illness, but it's temporary discomfort for a potentially permanent reward.

I actually know a frat guy who did this. An alumni is now an adcom at a top 20 med school and dared him to do it and if he did that he would strongly recommend his application. The only thing was that it wasn’t foot long - it was about half a foot. Maybe that’s why he got into top 20 and not 20.

Can it be Tom Brady's stool? Gotta work on that gut microbiome

I absolutely would have - pretty likely modern medicine can save me from diseases I might get from that damn thing. Harvard, here I come. I’d do so to get a residency in my chosen specialty, too. Goes double if it was a place like Mass General.

Is it bad that I wouldn't even hesitate... IS tuition, proximity to SO (when 2 years of long distance in college heavily strained the relationship), and a top 5 school, all for momentary discomfort and at worst, something antibiotics and antiparasitics could probably fix. Sign me up