2023-2024 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also on this pre-II R wave 🏄‍♀️ complete 10/02

Members don't see this ad.

Have read that one usually needs to apply for scholarships and that they are due end of January. I have my interview soon and was wondering if it is still possible to apply or can we only apply when and if we are accepted?
There are two waves for scholarship deadlines, one that passed at the end of December and one in early March

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how often people get off the AL? would a LOI help? This was my only II and I don't know what to do. I don't really have any updates to send them.

Does anyone know how often people get off the AL? would a LOI help? This was my only II and I don't know what to do. I don't really have any updates to send them.
Hey! I'm also on the AL. It seems like people get off SLU's AL more than the average waitlist, but I might be wrong. I personally sent an LOI as it doesn't hurt. I believe they do welcome continued interest, but people have also been accepted off the AL in this thread without doing so!

Did any other admitted students get a SLU SOM beanie and a cute letter sent to them? What a nice touch from admissions, love it!!
Has anyone else received this since? Or do you guys think it was just a holiday thing?

I recently switched my address on AMCAS and wanna make sure it wasn't sent to my old address.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted students attending the SLU second look day? What are you planning on wearing? Is the dress code for these second look days in general business professional?

Any accepted students attending the SLU second look day? What are you planning on wearing? Is the dress code for these second look days in general business professional?
I'm tentatively planning to attend, not sure on the dress code but I'll plan to wear a suit unless they say otherwise

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else received this since? Or do you guys think it was just a holiday thing?

I recently switched my address on AMCAS and wanna make sure it wasn't sent to my old address.
also wondering! I haven't received anything in the mail either

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone started applying for the SLU scholarships? You have to complete the general application first, correct? And for the extra-curricular section, did you list out your activities or have everything in one big paragraph?

We thinking the next wave of decisions will come out tomorrow? Interviewed 12/11
Interviewed 12/12 and I think so… the most recent decisions were from the 12/4 interview date and they seem to release decisions every two weeks. It is almost cruel how long it’s been

Interviewed 12/12 and I think so… the most recent decisions were from the 12/4 interview date and they seem to release decisions every two weeks. It is almost cruel how long it’s been
Haha completely agree. I just wanna know. Let’s hope for tomorrow then

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh nvm I just got put on the alternate list. Seems like there’s a lot of movement so I’ll try to be hopeful

• Care
interviewed 12/12, just got alt listed. anyone know how many students are accepted off alt list?

• Care
OOS Alt list. Interviewed week of 12/11.

Does anyone have SLU’s 2023 match list? They have their 2022 list but their 2023 page doesn’t have anything up, seems odd:

I'm tentatively planning to attend, not sure on the dress code but I'll plan to wear a suit unless they say otherwise
They sent me an email yesterday with details about the second look day, the said the dress code was business casual and to wear shoes that are comfortable for walking

anyone recent A's off the alternate list? was put on it back in October, really hoping to attend here if possible

Does anyone know how many of each of the big scholarships they offer per year? For example, how many students get the Cura Personalis, Magis, or Fleur De Lis scholarships per class... Lots of essay writing for these.

Anyone that is going to the accepted students’ day and is not from St. Louis- any inexpensive hotel recommendations? PM me!

Does anyone have any information/exprience regarding how SLU treats applicants from St. Louis? I am applying the upcoming cycle.

Does anyone have any information/exprience regarding how SLU treats applicants from St. Louis? I am applying the upcoming cycle.
I think they have a slight preference (nothing to back this up, just my experience) to ppl who have spent time in STL, like SLU/WashU undergrads, or STL born-and-raised. I'm a WashU undergrad and got in--it def helped with my application because I could speak very specifically to the STL patient population. Also I know they have the direct admit med scholar program from SLU undergrad to med school, so a large part of their class are SLU student in that program. I think it just helps if you're personally familiar with the area and have a connection to it. It also protects their retention rate--so there's a higher chance that people from that area will end up actually going to SLU, and not declining their acceptance offer.

SLU has a pretty strong preference for St. Louis or MO natives. They accept over 20% of IS applicants