2023-2024 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious. For any current students, what free things does slu give students? Can be anything (backpack, stethoscope, coffee, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Completed secondary on 08/01 but haven't heard anything back. OOS with a strong tie. Is anyone on the same boat? :(

Reactions: 1 users
Completed secondary on 08/01 but haven't heard anything back. OOS with a strong tie. Is anyone on the same boat? :(
Complete 7/15 with a strong app from a Jesuit undergrad that sends a lot of students to SLU and also haven't heard much, other than the courtesy update they sent out.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete on 7/20 and have not heard anything, IS though but really hoping to go here I love SLU and I can stay in St. Louis! Please SLU send me an interview!!! :)

Any one know when they are done interviewing?

• Care
Anyone know if merit scholarships are a thing for SLU and if so when/how we would hear about them? Is it an application process or are people automatically evaluated?

Anyone know if merit scholarships are a thing for SLU and if so when/how we would hear about them? Is it an application process or are people automatically evaluated?
I heard before from an accepted student that there were several scholarships that opens in January/ the spring and require several essay applications. Hopefully a current student has more information

I heard before from an accepted student that there were several scholarships that opens in January/ the spring and require several essay applications. Hopefully a current student has more information
Yeah you have to apply with essays, they don’t give any automatically and they don’t really have recruitment scholarships

Speaking of scholarships - do any current students have specific advice for the essays and SLU scholarship application process?

Is it over from this school if you havent received an II yet?

Does anyone know if SLU does an admitted students/first look day?

For admitted ppl: what day of the week/time of day did you get the A email?

For the pre-interview updates, I didn't realize the document was due the Friday before my interview at 10 AM. I submitted the document a few minutes late this morning. How crucial do you think that is?? Now I'm really worried. This is my first MD interview and I feel like I already screwed it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the pre-interview updates, I didn't realize the document was due the Friday before my interview at 10 AM. I submitted the document a few minutes late this morning. How crucial do you think that is?? Now I'm really worried. This is my first MD interview and I feel like I already screwed it up.
I would say nothing about this at all, I doubt that it will affect you but bringing attention to it would not be a good idea

Did any people with an acceptance not go to the student q&a the Sunday before their interview? Just trying to see if it’s required I go

For any one more familiar with SLU's process, would last round of interviews go out in April or do they end earlier?

Did any people with an acceptance not go to the student q&a the Sunday before their interview? Just trying to see if it’s required I go
I didn't go and got an acceptance. The flyer says it isn't sponsored by admissions.

Pre-II R, OOS, stats below.

Complete early July.

• Care
OOS II just now - declining the offer so hopefully that spot goes to someone else here soon!

OOS and interviewed 12/18, still waiting to hear back

OOS Pre-II R just now. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Sorry y'all.. When were you complete? Wondering if I am getting close to receiving the pre-II R myself

Complete 7/20 no news yet, last year I was rejected from both SLU and WashU on 1/27/23 so I am so nervous about this date approaching again lol!

Last edited:
Complete 7/20 no news yet, last year I was rejected from both SLU and WashU on 1/27/22 so I am so nervous about this date approaching again lol!
I remember I was rejected from SLU before Christmas my last cycle (2021-2022) but I still haven't heard anything from SLU this year. I have no clue what's going on :cryi:

I remember I was rejected from SLU before Christmas my last cycle (2021-2022) but I still haven't heard anything from SLU this year. I have no clue what's going on :cryi:
Yep who knows how admission committees operates behind the scenes, which is sad (btw I meant to write 1/27/2023 so just last year). I almost have a certain feeling they will reject me again but let's see. Anyway good luck to you and everyone still waiting! And sorry to those who heard bad news today I hope the rest of the cycle goes well for you!

Has anybody heard back from 11/27 interviews? Still waiting patiently...

have I dodged the R waves or are more coming this week? the suspense is killing me...

have I dodged the R waves or are more coming this week? the suspense is killing me...
Ngl sometimes it feels like this school hasn't gotten to some our apps yet bc we are so low on their priority list. I'm very wary of being Rd at the very end in mass R format. Trying to stay positive at this point is hard for me :(

Interviewed 12/12 and I recall they said 6 weeks but possible 1-2 week delay d/t holidays.
Thanks, I was assuming 11/27 decisions would be delayed because of their holiday break. It's now been over 6 weeks for me, but I'll hope to hear back by week 8 lol

Thanks, I was assuming 11/27 decisions would be delayed because of their holiday break. It's now been over 6 weeks for me, but I'll hope to hear back by week 8 lol
ooof. I hope you do too (or sooner)!!

Is it worth sending a letter of update at this point? waiting for II