2023-2024 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any updated advice from those who have recently interviewed here?
The faculty interview is a pretty standard open-file interview. My student interviewer had one student interviewing two candidates, which was kind of weird but it went okay. Just stay relaxed

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone considering applying for the SLU scholarships? A lot of them seem to have early submission dates (January 2024), and my acceptance email said they would send out login credentials once your acceptance offer is processed. Has anyone received these credentials?

Any recent interviews this week or last?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone considering applying for the SLU scholarships? A lot of them seem to have early submission dates (January 2024), and my acceptance email said they would send out login credentials once your acceptance offer is processed. Has anyone received these credentials?
Once you're accepted they'll give you a SLU login which you use to apply for scholarships. I'm not sure what that means for those accepted after the deadlines. Maybe contact financial aid?

I've read through the interview advice but does anyone have insight into the student interview? What should I expect?

Also the main takeaways I got from the faculty interview is 1) know your application very well because they like to ask you to elaborate on experiences and 2) have a why SLU? response ready. Any other important things to know for the faculty interview?

I've read through the interview advice but does anyone have insight into the student interview? What should I expect?

Also the main takeaways I got from the faculty interview is 1) know your application very well because they like to ask you to elaborate on experiences and 2) have a why SLU? response ready. Any other important things to know for the faculty interview?
Super casual, one M4 interviewer and two interviewees. Some situation/MMI-based questions where you work together with your co-interviewee, then some time to learn more about the interviewer and ask questions. 30 mins altogether.

Does anyone know if everyone gets the student interview? Seems like it’s more MMI format… is it a good/bad sign if I do or don’t get one? Or really just completely random?

Does anyone know if everyone gets the student interview? Seems like it’s more MMI format… is it a good/bad sign if I do or don’t get one? Or really just completely random?
I don't think everyone gets one. Pretty sure it's random since it's a pilot program

Does the student interview “count” since not all applicants are selected for it and because it’s a pilot program? In other words, do we think the adcom is blind to how we perform in the student interview?

Does the student interview “count” since not all applicants are selected for it and because it’s a pilot program? In other words, do we think the adcom is blind to how we perform in the student interview?
The results of your student interview will be considered so treat it as such and stay professional as you would with a faculty interview. Whether or not the school continues using student interviewers in the future will probably depend more on their comments and performance than on yours. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
The student interview absolutely counts.

I don't think everyone gets one. Pretty sure it's random since it's a pilot program
They say it's random but every single person I have talked to who's interviewed or is attending SLU has had one as part of their interview experience

grain of salt but a med student I spoke to said it counts for basically nothing. They are just testing if it gives any more insight than a faculty interview

Y'all think the mid-October interview decisions are coming out tomorrow? I think based on last year and how this cycle is going, tomorrow may be the day

Y'all think the mid-October interview decisions are coming out tomorrow? I think based on last year and how this cycle is going, tomorrow may be the day
I think tomorrow might be the day! Or two weeks from tomorrow

Is anyone else who has received an A and login credentials completely unable to access Scholarship Suite to apply for the scholarships?

Is anyone else who has received an A and login credentials completely unable to access Scholarship Suite to apply for the scholarships?
I was having some trouble with this, and I don't know if it's the same for you, but the way I access it is definitely different from the directions provided. Instead of finding a "Tools" tab after logging into MySLU, I have to go to the search bar and look up Scholarship Suite and click on it for access.

I was having some trouble with this, and I don't know if it's the same for you, but the way I access it is definitely different from the directions provided. Instead of finding a "Tools" tab after logging into MySLU, I have to go to the search bar and look up Scholarship Suite and click on it for access.
What search bar are you using? The only one I see says "search your apps" and when I look up Scholarship Suite it says I don't have this app

What search bar are you using? The only one I see says "search your apps" and when I look up Scholarship Suite it says I don't have this app
Oh that's weird -- mine is also the "search your apps" bar, but when I look up Scholarship Suite, the app comes up for me. Maybe you should contact IT for more help?

OOS Alt list :( Interviewed 10/16. Congrats to everyone who got the A! Hoping to join you guys soon

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know approx. the percentage of interviewees who get acceptances?

Has anyone received login credentials? I was accepted 11/16 but haven't gotten them yet

Has anyone received login credentials? I was accepted 11/16 but haven't gotten them yet
I think they send login credentials in batches of acceptances. It took them about two weeks after I accepted for them to send me login credentials.

I think they send login credentials in batches of acceptances. It took them about two weeks after I accepted for them to send me login credentials.
Good to know, thanks!

Does anyone know if the scholarship applications are considered on a rolling basis? Or will they look at all applications after the submission deadlines?

Does anyone know if the scholarship applications are considered on a rolling basis? Or will they look at all applications after the submission deadlines?
The scholarships are divided b/t Pathway and ODEI - I believe the Pathway ones are considered after deadlines and the ODEI ones are on a rolling basis.

the scholarship suite says the deadline is in March BTW!

Anyone know what the student interview is like?