RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been watching a lot of grad ceremonies for friends lately and UMN's was so nice!! congrats @supershorty !!!

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

Thanks for tuning in and helping to boost our numbers, everyone!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
HAPPY GRADUATION!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Not really a rave, but I got to sit with clients after they euthanized their cat. Semi-feral, but also the sweetest little thing. She got spayed and was being watched by someone else. Licked her incision open, and all the insides were outside. It was incredibly traumatic for them.

I was dropping off the paw print/fur/nose print, and ended up talking with them for about 40 minutes. They talked about her, her kittens, their cats, dogs, the time they accidentally saved a pet turtle. I just felt very fortunate to be with them in such a vulnerable moment. One was less comfortable with death, so we talked about that a little. They weren't present for the euthanasia itself, but I was. I told them I whispered in her ear, and they were so moved.

I'm glad I got to help them. I'm glad my words meant something. I hate what happened to this cat, but these people care so deeply about the creatures they interact with. I hope they get to live long happy lives, and help many more.

We did talk about e-collars. Everything's getting an e-collar from now on. They were very sure of that.