2023-2024 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was just about to ask about this... Got another secondary invite this morning and was confused
When did your primary get verified/transmitted? Also did anyone not receive this or do we think it’s an auto send to everyone?

Members don't see this ad.

When did your primary get verified/transmitted? Also did anyone not receive this or do we think it’s an auto send to everyone?
Mine was verified 7/10, and I received my secondary from Albany on the same day! I believe they send without screening but you should double check on the AAMC secondary application guide that lists how each school processes apps.

How is this school with OOS? Good right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive a separate payment receipt email? I just received two emails: one for submission of secondary, and one marking my application as complete.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite here yet ?

Reactions: 2 users
For 2, what counts as an inconsistency? I have an essay discussing lower grades in my early college years for other schools. Not sure if this would apply if I have an upward trend and decent MCAT.

Do Yall think it is too late to add this school?

There was a secondary on Albany's that asked 2. Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores. If the question does not apply to you, please put N/A in the box provided (1000 characters).

Should I use this space to explain my 504 MCAT Score (126,126,127,125), second-time retest from a 503, or a C+ in OCHEM II? I don't want to highlight the low MCAT score and don't know if I can explain it well but it really stands out from my application. My overall GPA is 3.77, and, during OCHEM II, I had COVID and multiple other illnesses which could be used to explain the bad grade. Any help in this manner would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mods: I think you can merge this into the school-specfic thread.

You notice one of the traps of this prompt is to highlight low results that you really want to avoid drawing attention to. :) Besides 503 and 504 is rather consistent to me, not inconsistent.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd go with N/A as your response to this prompt. You don't seem to have any inconsistencies worth mentioning.
thank you so much for the reply. I have never gotten a grade below a B during my undergraduate career, so I thought perhaps the Organic Chemistry II prompt addressing the grade might show that it was just a health issue during that semester. Would you think that is okay?

OChem is typically every student's lowest grade. Making excuses (I was sick) is never a good look, even if true. Was it the only course you took? If not, why did you do well in other courses and not in OChem? OChem is tough, we get it and it is not unexpected.

Just a heads up, there are a few other questions that aren't listed here. In the "Experiences" section of the application, they have:

In the "Work and Activities" section on your AMCAS application, you provided the following list of experiences. Please select the experience that you feel has been the most meaningful in influencing your desire to pursue a career in medicine, explain why, and also describe what aspect of that experience best equips you to make an impact in the medical profession. (1000 characters)

If you select that you are a reapplicant to any medical school, they have:

If you have previously applied to medical school but were unsuccessful, what do you think is (are) the primary reason(s) for not being accepted? What have you done to remedy this? (no apparent limit)

Just a heads up, there are a few other questions that aren't listed here. In the "Experiences" section of the application, they have:

In the "Work and Activities" section on your AMCAS application, you provided the following list of experiences. Please select the experience that you feel has been the most meaningful in influencing your desire to pursue a career in medicine, explain why, and also describe what aspect of that experience best equips you to make an impact in the medical profession. (1000 characters)

If you select that you are a reapplicant to any medical school, they have:

If you have previously applied to medical school but were unsuccessful, what do you think is (are) the primary reason(s) for not being accepted? What have you done to remedy this? (no apparent limit)
Thank you. We will add these.

II received. Completed 7/23. OOS, ORM, Non-Trad, LM69.

Reactions: 9 users
IS II just now! Complete 7/10. For all my fellow reapplicants out there, keep the faith!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else having trouble choosing an interview date from the calendar?

Current M1 here, just wanted to wish you all the best w this cycle!!!! u got this, let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:
For those who are re-applicants, did admissions wait until the absolute last minute to send out R's or did they tell you within a reasonable timeframe?

Anyone else get invited to a virtual information session? It got marked as dangerous spam in my email so I just want to make sure someone else got it before I sign up lol.

Anyone else get invited to a virtual information session? It got marked as dangerous spam in my email so I just want to make sure someone else got it before I sign up lol.

I did too, I don’t think it’s spam

Yeah no invite for virtual session. if it went to dangerous spam, better not open till someone confirms

Yeah no invite for virtual session. if it went to dangerous spam, better not open till someone confirms

I'm gonna call the school at lunch! I'll keep everyone here updated.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay I called and they confirmed its a real event sent from the email of someone on the admissions team! Not sure how they chose who to send it out to but to those who got it, it's a real thing.