2023-2024 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where did you hear 200 for the alternate list?
They probably got that number from the MSAR. Last year when I was stressing about being on the alternate list I saw on a previous year thread that they accept over 3 times the number of students who matriculate (most of whom would have to have been on the AL at some point). Plus they said during my interview most interviewees would be placed on the AL rather than outright accepted or rejected. If I had to guess, I’d think that number is referring to how many people remained on the alternative list at the end of the cycle. But that’s just conjecture.
IMG_5715.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They probably got that number from the MSAR. Last year when I was stressing about being on the alternate list I saw on a previous year thread that they accept over 3 times the number of students who matriculate (most of whom would have to have been on the AL at some point). Plus they said during my interview most interviewees would be placed on the AL rather than outright accepted or rejected. If I had to guess, I’d think that number is referring to how many people remained on the alternative list at the end of the cycle. But that’s just conjecture.View attachment 378875
Thanks for sharing!

Side question, were you ultimately accepted at AMC? And if so, how long were you on the AL?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing!

Side question, were you ultimately accepted at AMC? And if so, how long were you on the AL?
I’m an M1 there. I was placed on the alternate list around this time last year and didn’t get off the alternate list until May.

I’m an M1 there. I was placed on the alternate list around this time last year and didn’t get off the alternate list until May.
That’s quite the waiting game! Crossing my fingers that my turnaround is a bit quicker lol

Anyone know approximately how many interview slots they have left? OOS applicant with no ties just waiting patiently!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based off of the 2 past previous threads, there were interview invites the week of Thanksgiving and the week after, but only 1 acceptance the week after. So I’m assuming nothing this week, but you never know!

OOS II just now! Complete 7/23.

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate list just now, interviewed early November

• Care
I can't seem to find on previous threads when people were accepted off the alternate list, has anyone been able to figure that out? was there any movement in December/January?