2023-2024 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed 12/11 heard back yet? I know technically they said 4-6 weeks, but I know a few early December folks heard before the holidays so I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed 12/11 heard back yet? I know technically they said 4-6 weeks, but I know a few early December folks heard before the holidays so I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting.
Nothing here yet either. Do you think it will be this week? or the holidays push everything back?

Reactions: 1 user
Well technically next week is the 4 week mark. So I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything until then. I'm sure they took a little time off and are probably just now starting to get back into it this week.

Any movement from the alternate list?

Reactions: 2 users
Was hoping to hear from the committee today since it's been 4 weeks (interviewed 12/11) but crickets so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

OOS II received about an hour ago (6:30 EST). Complete 7/31. Late January dates available. Good luck fam!

Edit: Declined my interview here. Good luck to everyone who’s hoping to attend :)

Last edited:
primary app. submitted 9/1 | app completed 12/2

How long did it take for people to hear back after submitting their secondary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
primary app. submitted 9/1 | app completed 12/2

How long did it take for people to hear back after submitting their secondary app?
Been complete since 7/18 and radio silence since.

Been complete since 7/18 and radio silence since.
Oh jeez... I don't want to be rude because I did submit mine so recently, but have you thought about calling?? That's a wildly prolonged period of time :/

Oh jeez... I don't want to be rude because I did submit mine so recently, but have you thought about calling?? That's a wildly prolonged period of time :/
Submitted most of mine in July and I’ve had radio silence from over 20 schools. I’ve never heard of anyone calling, wouldn’t even know what you’d say, and I feel like that wouldn’t be well-received. Especially from schools who do not accept updates of any kind.

Submitted most of mine in July and I’ve had radio silence from over 20 schools. I’ve never heard of anyone calling, wouldn’t even know what you’d say, and I feel like that wouldn’t be well-received. Especially from schools who do not accept updates of any kind.
Yeah also submitted mine July and I have silence from almost 25 schools. Rejections tend to go out at the end of the cycle for a majority of schools so silence is completely normal.

Schools say feel free to call admissions but we cannot give status of where your application stands. Seriously ? Why else would we really call if we haven’t heard anything from them? We won’t call to ask what they had for breakfast lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Schools say feel free to call admissions but we cannot give status of where your application stands. Seriously ? Why else would we really call if we haven’t heard anything from them? We won’t call to ask what they had for breakfast lol
:lol:

Okay but…. When there gonna be some AL movement?

Just looked at last years thread, one person pulled off in March, the acceptance wave started in early May.

We have a longgggggggggg time, dead thread until then with the occasional A, and frequent AL post.

Hoping that they at least let the folks who interviewed in December know what their admissions decisions are lol. I am going to lose it if I have to wait that long to know if I even made the waitlist.

I know several other medical schools that definitely receive many calls from applicants daily, so I'm not sure about Albany but I know it's not unheard of. I think it's definitely something you have to be careful with since it can be received poorly. However, given the length of time that's passed, I feel as though it would be perfectly appropriate to inquire about the status of your application, since you submitted it many months ago. Also, if it were me, I would ask if there is anything I can do in the meantime, as well as re-confirm your interest in the school with the admissions office to remind them you exist lol... again, be cautious with this because too much is a lot worse than nothing at all, but I think one call would be perfectly acceptable in my opinion as a fellow-applicant at least! But regardless, good luck!

anyone out there who did not get a single interview invite this cycle?

• Care

This is my third cycle and I can tell you that I didn't my first time around. There's definitely a learning curve when it comes to applications lol and some things (like the waiting) you never get used to. But stick with it - there's still time this cycle, and if not, I'm sure you'll get tons next cycle! Med schools like to see perseverance.

Not this cycle, but last cycle. I strongly recommend you ask everyone who rejects you to meet with you and provide feedback unless they specifically say they won't - I did that and it helped me make a huge difference even though I only got actionable feedback from a couple schools.

When is their deadline to submit primary and secondary
Per their site, you have until 29 February to send your AMCAS and 15 March to send your secondary. I would highly recommend you not wait that long though - for most schools, it wouldn't even be worth applying this late, but for a brand-new program, I'd imagine the rule of thumb may not apply. If you don't have any interviews in the pipeline and can afford to add it, it can't hurt.

OOS II today 1/19/24! Secondary submitted 7/19/23

For those who got accepted, I currently live in Albany in a house that rents to students exclusively. The house is located walking distance from the college and I live in a 2bd apt in said house. My lease is over in April, I'm looking for someone interested in taking over after me. The apt is near the Stewarts on Ontario and New Scotland, you can google this yourself and see how close to the school it is.

IS A received just now! Interviewed 1/12.

Last edited:
Congrats! Were you pulled from the Alternate List or accepted right out?
I was accepted right out. I was kinda surprised since I only interviewed 2 weeks ago and they said that 80+% of the class comes from the alternate list so I was expecting to hear that I got on AL in about 2-4 more weeks. Pleasantly surprised though!

• Love
OOS A after being placed on alternate in November