2023-2024 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R just now 🫡

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A bit late, but +1 II OOS - finished my II.

Director said that 80-90% of the class comes from AL, and it is a ranked AL.

Reactions: 1 user
A bit late, but +1 II OOS - finished my II.

Director said that 80-90% of the class comes from AL, and it is a ranked AL.

I wish they would tell us the rank, like it least give us a tier or something

Reactions: 1 users
When do we think we're gonna start seeing a lot of the AL movement? End of March?

When do we think we're gonna start seeing a lot of the AL movement? End of March?
I was hoping for beginning of march but here we are and still nothing so I hopeeeee by the end of march

OOS II just now, honestly shocked lol

EDIT: ultimately chose to withdraw my II, hope it goes to one of you

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A, hoping one of y'all can get off the alternate list!

Hey guys, I just received an II with a LizzyM of 67. I think along with my GPA I didn't do myself any favors by submitting my secondaries at the end of November.

I'm grateful that AMC gave me this chance to interview and I wanted to give it my all so I wanted to ask everyone here how to best prep for the interview.

Hey guys, I just received an II with a LizzyM of 67. I think along with my GPA I didn't do myself any favors by submitting my secondaries at the end of November.

I'm grateful that AMC gave me this chance to interview and I wanted to give it my all so I wanted to ask everyone here how to best prep for the interview.
Congrats! Did you receive it earlier today?

Congrats! Did you receive it earlier today?
Thank you! Yes, I heard from them just a couple of hours ago. So I'm excited but also really wanting to put my best foot forward after having delayed my secondaries.

Thank you! Yes, I heard from them just a couple of hours ago. So I'm excited but also really wanting to put my best foot forward after having delayed my secondaries.
Pretty goated to be complete in November and still getting an interview. Respect.

I've been on the waitlist since October, following my September interview. I noticed that the school has accepted people from the alternate list who interviewed in October or November. Do they accept people off the alternate list based on an internal ranking?

I've been on the waitlist since October, following my September interview. I noticed that the school has accepted people from the alternate list who interviewed in October or November. Do they accept people off the alternate list based on an internal ranking?

Yes, we are all ranked and cannot know the rank. I also interviewed in October and was put on the alternate list early December.

Do they ghost here? I haven't heard anything since I submitted in July.

• Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
I see on MSAR, 79% of students receive financial aid. Does anyone know if it is need based aid or merit also?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to MSAR, AMC interviews ~700 students, waitlists (AL) ~200 students, and only ~35 get accepted from the waitlist? I thought 80-90% of the class comes from the waitlist, which would be more than 100 students (half the waitlisted) but MSAR states otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to MSAR, AMC interviews ~700 students, waitlists (AL) ~200 students, and only ~35 get accepted from the waitlist? I thought 80-90% of the class comes from the waitlist, which would be more than 100 students (half the waitlisted) but MSAR states otherwise.
I think MSAR is stating 200 students are put on the waitlist and an additional 35 students are given acceptance. The 35 are not coming from the 200.

I think someone before said that those stats are form when they used a traditional waitlist, not an alternate list

While I haven't been accepted yet, it's super reassuring they're already pullin from the AL. Congrats to the A's today!

• Care
Been on AL list since early December, feel discouraged to see people being pulled who interviewed after me (so happy for all those being pulled though!!)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know where students usually live? Park South seems really expensive.