2023-2024 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been on AL list since early December, feel discouraged to see people being pulled who interviewed after me (so happy for all those being pulled though!!)
I have been on AL since October. The school most likely use their internal ranking system to determine who gets pulled off the AL. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Interview cycle is over btw, sorry those of you still waiting for II :/

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS pre II R rlly thought I’d get an II here but oh well

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully, there is some movement on the AL.

Reactions: 2 users
In terms of convenience, you can’t get any closer than Park South (coming from a local) and I do believe that it’s a popular spot for students. Farther away from campus you are definitely going to find cheaper options but possibly not in the greatest areas depending on where you are looking.

Reactions: 1 users
R on March 26th, best of luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any current/former students have any advice on the white coat sizes? Especially if you got the women's sizing :)

I haven’t seen anyone post this yet, but accepted students group me is here

You're invited to my new group 'Albany Medical College Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Any current/former students have any advice on the white coat sizes? Especially if you got the women's sizing :)
I would size up, but don’t worry if you already filled out the survey. You can always exchange your white coat if you need a different size. There will be a designated time during orientation for white coat exchange :)

Anyone know where students usually live? Park South seems really expensive.

Current M1 here! There are several private landlords that rent out houses that have been converted to apartments specifically to AMC students. Rent is much cheaper compared to park south. Accepted students will get a list of housing options from current fourth years who will be moving out! feel free to DM me if you have any other questions about housing :)

Do we think there will be any more AL list movement or is the class kind of full already?

Do we think there will be any more AL list movement or is the class kind of full already?
There will be more movement over the next month+ because people don't have to make final decisions until 4/30 and even then they could get off another WL and decide to go somewhere else, opening up spots for AL -> A. :)

Released from Alternate List +1

• Care
Withdrew A early this morning! Good luck to you all and wishing you a great end to the cycle!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that my friend. Was it voluntary or did the adcom release you?
Adcom released me. Looks like they're cutting down their AL numbers since they interview 700+ people for 145 spots.

Technically 100, 1/3 of the spots are for BS/MD and other early-admit programs

Adcom released me. Looks like they're cutting down their AL numbers since they interview 700+ people for 145 spots.
What? I thought it was 200 people. Then again, MSAR information is outdated as it says they take like ~30 people off waitlist.

Where did you hear 700 students?

What? I thought it was 200 people. Then again, MSAR information is outdated as it says they take like ~30 people off waitlist.

Where did you hear 700 students?
That's what they said in their email, so I'd wager it's up to date. 750 interviewed, I don't know the II -> AL conversion rate.

That's what they said in their email, so I'd wager it's up to date. 750 interviewed, I don't know the II -> AL conversion rate.
Well, it looks like the statistics are not on our side.

EDIT: Brain freeze moment. I heard ~700 interviewed, ~200 AL. I mistook 700 interviewed for 700 AL.
Statistics are back on our side.

Last edited:
Are they going to remove more people from AL this week?

Just got the email requesting me to fill out the AL Response form if I am still wishing to remain on AL list or be removed! Literally nearly passed away when I saw an email from them. Good information on there though! Good luck to everyone on the list!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users