2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!! I def hope to share in your experience! to piggyback off the "regular WL or HPWL" question, I was wondering if you received a phone call or email?
Thank you! Regular WL and I got a call from the dean Paula Watkins

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if calling and asking admissions about hpwl movement will make them less likely to take me off the list. I’m going crazy not knowing if or when a call is coming. How much movement is expected ect.

Reactions: 1 user
I called admissions and they said that there has been a lot of movement for the last month. Theres been movement every day for the last two weeks

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I called admissions and they said that there has been a lot of movement for the last month. Theres been movement every day for the last two weeks
apparently they are not allowing curriculum switches this year, so this might be contributing to more movement.

So people have been getting in everyday for two weeks or there’s been movement and the calls will come soon. I’m gonna cry lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So people have been getting in everyday for two weeks or there’s been movement and the calls will come soon. I’m gonna cry lol
I think part of what they consider movement is people dropping their seats. So having movement everyday will not necessarily mean there’s people getting accepted everyday!

I also think the committee still only meets on Fridays weekly so they have to take time during those to decide how to pull from HPWL/WL. I’m unsure why we haven’t heard more people get in tho on here since they def have had some acceptances

when did interviews stop? because once interview reviews stop, those committee meetings will be only reviewing WL positions aka more acceptances im guessing

when did interviews stop? because once interview reviews stop, those committee meetings will be only reviewing WL positions aka more acceptances im guessing
Anyone know how many WL applications the committee reviews per meeting? Like do they review all or do we think they randomly choose and work thru certain “stacks” of applications here and there?

Does anyone know how you withdraw from the school? Do I just email them

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your other acceptance/choice of school! You can either email or call a lot of people last year did either and both methods worked! If you wouldn’t mind are you withdrawing from pbl sgl hpwl or the wl! Good luck to you future doctor!

In the past I’ve just emailed the admissions department, or replied to an email thread that specifically mentions the past acceptance

Congrats on your other acceptance/choice of school! You can either email or call a lot of people last year did either and both methods worked! If you wouldn’t mind are you withdrawing from pbl sgl hpwl or the wl! Good luck to you future doctor!
I was originally accepted (not waitlisted) for SGL. Hopefully my seat goes to one of you guys soon!

• Care
Do we think Rowan is the type of school to just accept a bunch of WL people in batches or more just here and there periodically? Also does anyone have any idea how many WL applications the committee reviews (all WL applications or just some)?

Do we think Rowan is the type of school to just accept a bunch of WL people in batches or more just here and there periodically? Also does anyone have any idea how many WL applications the committee reviews (all WL applications or just some)?
I just called and they said there's a lot of movement but it seems like there have only been 2-3 accepted students from the waitlist sheet that was posted on here

Last edited:
I just called and they said there's a lot of movement but it seems like there have only been 2-3 accepted students from the waitlist
if there’s been a lot of movement should we expect calls?

I just called and they said there's a lot of movement but it seems like there have only been 2-3 accepted students from the waitlist
I’m glad there’s a lot of movement but they told you they’ve only accepted 2-3 students from the waitlist?

From looking at previous years as well, it seems that people do remain on WL/HPWL up till the very end. Although there is some movement in May, more movement occurs a lot closer to the start of classes (late June up to July 10). I'm not entirely sure the adcom's definition of "lots of movement" is super clear but rather is more arbitrary than what we might consider a lot (ie. 50% of waitlists or something). Also it feels like who gets pulled off the list is a lot more random and likely driven by meeting other criteria (ie. class diversity/demographics or certain unique qualities of applicants that will make the new class more aligned to what they are looking for).

All this to say, all WL/HPWL people, hang in there, if it's in the cards for this year, then it will be, and if not, then there's always another cycle, and I'm certain we will all become great physicians! This is such a tough journey, everyone should be very proud of how far they've come! <3

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I just called and they said there's a lot of movement but it seems like there have only been 2-3 accepted students from the waitlist sheet that was posted on here
When u mention “a lot of movement” did they specify if this means people dropping acceptances or also people getting off WL and being offered admission?

When u mention “a lot of movement” did they specify if this means people dropping acceptances or also people getting off WL and being offered admission?
I was told that they aren't allowed to say

For those of you that got calls offering a spot of WL what time of day did you get the call?

So does this school ever send pre II rejections or do they just ghost us? I’ve been waiting since August and haven’t heard anything. I’m not assuming i’ll get a II or anything, but it would be nice if they had to decently to send me an email considering I paid a secondary fee and completed essays for them.

So does this school ever send pre II rejections or do they just ghost us? I’ve been waiting since August and haven’t heard anything. I’m not assuming i’ll get a II or anything, but it would be nice if they had to decently to send me an email considering I paid a secondary fee and completed essays for them.
I got email couple of weeks ago that cycle is closed and not considered for this cycle ( applied in August)

got off the HPWL on Friday! If anyone has a link to the groupme please send
Congrats! I believe someone else asked about this before and the reply was that it was available on their facebook page. Hoping to join it myself if i get the A </3