2023-2024 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for the premed course inventory, are we really supposed to enter every single course into each category? or can I just enter the bare minimum so that it meets the criteria? how heavily is this even looked at

Members don't see this ad.

For question #5: (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us.

What are you guys writing ab here? like a COVID essay/explanation of a low MCAT/GPA? Or basically another essay about why you're a good fit for the school?

For question #5: (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us.

What are you guys writing ab here? like a COVID essay/explanation of a low MCAT/GPA? Or basically another essay about why you're a good fit for the school?
I honestly think anything is game. For these kinds of questions I’ve been writing about my path as a nontrad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is the committee who reviews the general secondary essays also look at the PRIME essays? wondering if I should repeat important points in between the two essay sections

submitted primary today and received secondary a few hours later, IS Bay Area. Clearly no GPA screen (trust me on this one), and the quickness with which I got my secondary makes me skeptical of any major screen in general
was your app verified from before and did you just forward your app to UCR? I am waiting on mine to be verified but I was also going to wait for my new MCAT score, but IDK if I should just submit with my old score ? I don't want to get screened out...

was your app verified from before and did you just forward your app to UCR? I am waiting on mine to be verified but I was also going to wait for my new MCAT score, but IDK if I should just submit with my old score ? I don't want to get screened out...
yea I was verified about a week before I sent it over to them

I received my secondary application invite last night, but before I could open it and access the portal, I received another email earlier today rejecting me. Can this be a mistake? I am still able to access the secondary application portal.

"Our Admissions Committee has concluded its evaluation of your application to the UCR School of Medicine. Unfortunately, we are unable to take further action on your application.

We had an unprecedented number of applications this admissions cycle. Many of the 6000+ applicants to our program this year were found to be exceptionally well qualified for medical school and to demonstrate promise as outstanding future physicians. With 75+ applications for each seat in our class, the committee had to make many difficult choices and turn away a large number of superb candidates.

Regrettably, we cannot provide information on the committee's rationale for its decision or offer suggestions for strengthening your application. The health professions advisor at your undergraduate campus is qualified to review your application and provide specific recommendations."

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I received my secondary application invite last night, but before I could open it and access the portal, I received another email earlier today rejecting me. Can this be a mistake? I am still able to access the secondary application portal.

"Our Admissions Committee has concluded its evaluation of your application to the UCR School of Medicine. Unfortunately, we are unable to take further action on your application.

We had an unprecedented number of applications this admissions cycle. Many of the 6000+ applicants to our program this year were found to be exceptionally well qualified for medical school and to demonstrate promise as outstanding future physicians. With 75+ applications for each seat in our class, the committee had to make many difficult choices and turn away a large number of superb candidates.

Regrettably, we cannot provide information on the committee's rationale for its decision or offer suggestions for strengthening your application. The health professions advisor at your undergraduate campus is qualified to review your application and provide specific recommendations."
I am sorry to hear this, try contacting the school? What are your stats?

So the lab course hours do not count toward total semester hours? Is there any point of applying with:

3 units Physics I
1 unit Physics I lab
3 units Physics II
1 unit Physics II lab

So the lab course hours do not count toward total semester hours? Is there any point of applying with:

3 units Physics I
1 unit Physics I lab
3 units Physics II
1 unit Physics II lab
Their website says you do not need to strictly fulfill the requirements even after matriculation and you have space on the secondary to elaborate on why you dont think you need to take extra coursework. I think generally they just want to see you completed one year of physics so I would just explain that your school sets it up a different way.

Their website says you do not need to strictly fulfill the requirements even after matriculation and you have space on the secondary to elaborate on why you dont think you need to take extra coursework. I think generally they just want to see you completed one year of physics so I would just explain that your school sets it up a different way.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo I submitted my secondary Day 8 of receiving and just say this. Do we think it will be an issue?
Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 12.18.07 AM.png

Do people think it's appropriate to answer the healthcare setting question by talking about the population you want to serve and type of care you want to provide? I don't know that I would necessarily be able to pick a setting beyond that

Also another question :) Should I mention one of my parents went to UCR undergrad? We live in Southern California still but on the coast, not sure this would be viewed favorably

Do you guys think its an automatic R if you submitted the secondary in 2 weeks instead of 1? :(

• Haha
Do you guys think its an automatic R if you submitted the secondary in 2 weeks instead of 1? :(
I submitted day 9, if you look at my screenshot above^^ it says they strongly recommend one week, but it’s not mandatory from their verbiage.

anybody willing to share how they calculated semester hours? I am having difficulties, my undergrad institution was semester-based.

anybody willing to share how they calculated semester hours? I am having difficulties, my undergrad institution was semester-based.
I believe it is the same thing as credit hours for the semester system. I may be wrong on that though.

II IS like 10 mins ago. LM 75, Submitted secondary on 7/21/2023

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II IS LM 67.7 i believe? Also my Alma matter so those ties plus the Haider program

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II IS LM 67.7 i believe? Also my Alma matter so those ties plus the Haider program
Amazing! Congratulations! May I know your verification date? Also, did you click on special programs when you filled out the primary app for UCR? Thanks!

Amazing! Congratulations! May I know your verification date? Also, did you click on special programs when you filled out the primary app for UCR? Thanks!
July 23rd was my date that UCR received my secondary but my primary was verified before the cycle started! Also yes It is a special program

does UCR screen? my amcas primary app was verified at 4:55PM and i received a secondary invite at 6:07PM lmfao?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone trying to get into the curriculum overview? It’s saying invalid Id for me

Have they started interviews? Any post II acceptance rate anyone has found?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
II IS, from the IE

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Been fairly quiet here. Come on my love

Reactions: 6 users