2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance today, does this school offer scholarships?
If we were accepted at multiple institutions, how many days do we have to decide?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am! I’m actually retaking it at some point within the next couple of months but I started studying in January. Are you starting your app for this upcoming cycle?
How are feeling about it? I'm waiting to start my application for the upcoming cycle until after I hear back from UNECOM about getting off their waitlist. I don't want to waste money on apps given a chance I might get an acceptance this cycle. So I'm holding off on submitting my application until mid june

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How are feeling about it? I'm waiting to start my application for the upcoming cycle until after I hear back from UNECOM about getting off their waitlist. I don't want to waste money on apps given a chance I might get an acceptance this cycle. So I'm holding off on submitting my application until mid june
Not extremely happy but I’m doing better than before! I agree, I don’t want to waste time and money if I have the chance of being accepted.

II today!!! Low Stat applicant and I am absolutely floored. I'm retaking th MCAT in less than a month...

What are the chances that the II would actually be an A at this point? This is the only school I applied to so I am really nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite (II) today for UNECOM. I applied last year, interviewed and didn't get in, but I don't know the likelihood of getting in with this late of an interview.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Welcome Session is required? I'm working at the time it's happening and can't take work off. I'm going to keep my interview date even though I'll be on vacation lol. I'm also waitlisted at 4 other schools.

Does anyone know if the fact that they’re still sending out interview invites means that those of us on the waitlist are cooked?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite (II) today for UNECOM. I applied last year, interviewed and didn't get in, but I don't know the likelihood of getting in with this late of an interview.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Welcome Session is required? I'm working at the time it's happening and can't take work off. I'm going to keep my interview date even though I'll be on vacation lol. I'm also waitlisted at 4 other schools.
Congrats on the interview! Were you on the wait-list last year by any chance?

• Care
Is anyone else that received II today unable to register for the welcome event?
I wasn't able to either. When I called admissions, they told me it wasn't mandatory, but I'd email them asking for a new link if you're able to go (I work during that time).

Y’all, I got an OOS II yesterday 😂 is this a legit opportunity?? It’s mid May now!
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. They made it very clear that current WL people still have a chance up through the first week of classes. I think that if they’re now sending new IIs they clearly are interested!

Anyone else in a situation where retaking the MCAT depends on your acceptance this cycle?
I'm in the same situation. I have been waitlisted since 1/24, IS, LOR sent by UNECOM alum I work with in feb and one more LOR in April. still waiting. really nervous.

I'm in the same situation. I have been waitlisted since 1/24, IS, LOR sent by UNECOM alum I work with in feb and one more LOR in April. still waiting. really nervous.
Yeah it sucks cause in my mind I can't fully commit to the studying knowing there's a chance I might get off the waitlist but if I don't get off, then I'll be in trouble so I really just have to buckle down on the studying now 😩

I got accepted off the WL late last week! 502 MCAT 3.4 GPA. Sent a LOI. I was placed on the WL in January. Some ECs: scribing, volunteering at a free clinic, AmeriCorps, EMT, research assistant, DO letter of rec

I was losing hope but at the end it was all worth it!! I have MCAT resources if anyone needs them PM me (textbooks, online videos, both outside and AAMC tests.

Reactions: 1 users