2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance today, does this school offer scholarships?
If we were accepted at multiple institutions, how many days do we have to decide?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am! I’m actually retaking it at some point within the next couple of months but I started studying in January. Are you starting your app for this upcoming cycle?
How are feeling about it? I'm waiting to start my application for the upcoming cycle until after I hear back from UNECOM about getting off their waitlist. I don't want to waste money on apps given a chance I might get an acceptance this cycle. So I'm holding off on submitting my application until mid june

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance today, does this school offer scholarships?
If we were accepted at multiple institutions, how many days do we have to decide?
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your GPA and MCAT score? Also, did you receive the email in the morning or afternoon?

Reactions: 2 users
How are feeling about it? I'm waiting to start my application for the upcoming cycle until after I hear back from UNECOM about getting off their waitlist. I don't want to waste money on apps given a chance I might get an acceptance this cycle. So I'm holding off on submitting my application until mid june
Not extremely happy but I’m doing better than before! I agree, I don’t want to waste time and money if I have the chance of being accepted.

II today!!! Low Stat applicant and I am absolutely floored. I'm retaking th MCAT in less than a month...

What are the chances that the II would actually be an A at this point? This is the only school I applied to so I am really nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite (II) today for UNECOM. I applied last year, interviewed and didn't get in, but I don't know the likelihood of getting in with this late of an interview.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Welcome Session is required? I'm working at the time it's happening and can't take work off. I'm going to keep my interview date even though I'll be on vacation lol. I'm also waitlisted at 4 other schools.

Does anyone know if the fact that they’re still sending out interview invites means that those of us on the waitlist are cooked?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite (II) today for UNECOM. I applied last year, interviewed and didn't get in, but I don't know the likelihood of getting in with this late of an interview.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Welcome Session is required? I'm working at the time it's happening and can't take work off. I'm going to keep my interview date even though I'll be on vacation lol. I'm also waitlisted at 4 other schools.
Congrats on the interview! Were you on the wait-list last year by any chance?

• Care
Is anyone else that received II today unable to register for the welcome event?

Is anyone else that received II today unable to register for the welcome event?
I wasn't able to either. When I called admissions, they told me it wasn't mandatory, but I'd email them asking for a new link if you're able to go (I work during that time).

Y’all, I got an OOS II yesterday 😂 is this a legit opportunity?? It’s mid May now!

Y’all, I got an OOS II yesterday 😂 is this a legit opportunity?? It’s mid May now!
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. They made it very clear that current WL people still have a chance up through the first week of classes. I think that if they’re now sending new IIs they clearly are interested!

Anyone else in a situation where retaking the MCAT depends on your acceptance this cycle?
I'm in the same situation. I have been waitlisted since 1/24, IS, LOR sent by UNECOM alum I work with in feb and one more LOR in April. still waiting. really nervous.

I'm in the same situation. I have been waitlisted since 1/24, IS, LOR sent by UNECOM alum I work with in feb and one more LOR in April. still waiting. really nervous.
Yeah it sucks cause in my mind I can't fully commit to the studying knowing there's a chance I might get off the waitlist but if I don't get off, then I'll be in trouble so I really just have to buckle down on the studying now 😩

I got accepted off the WL late last week! 502 MCAT 3.4 GPA. Sent a LOI. I was placed on the WL in January. Some ECs: scribing, volunteering at a free clinic, AmeriCorps, EMT, research assistant, DO letter of rec

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
You can dress however you like. This session is meant to be laid back and for you to ask questions to the current students
It's not mandatory right? I think admissions told me I could watch the prerecorded session in case I couldn't make the welcome session timing.

It's not mandatory right? I think admissions told me I could watch the prerecorded session in case I couldn't make the welcome session timing.
I don’t believe it’s mandatory. It’s just to give you a better idea of the school through talking with current students

To my understanding, I thought it was mandatory since it was when I applied but it could have changed this year

To my understanding, I thought it was mandatory since it was when I applied but it could have changed this year
Honestly, I would just email admissions and ask them directly. They’re usually pretty good with their response times

I didn’t go to the welcome session and got in I don’t think it’s mandatory

Hey all, just wanted to ask whats the turnaround time from an interview to a decision, have a couple of offers already and am juggling to determine where to find a place.

Received an II this morning (so late?), declined. Best of luck to everyone!!

Just got II this morning, literally so late does anyone know why this is a thing? I heard they’d be done interviewing early April and just last year their last interview for the cycle was April 6th so I’m very confused … is this a red flag that they are still sending out interviews this late?

Just got II this morning, literally so late does anyone know why this is a thing? I heard they’d be done interviewing early April and just last year their last interview for the cycle was April 6th so I’m very confused … is this a red flag that they are still sending out interviews this late?
Adcoms definitely don’t have time to be interviewing without purpose. Congrats on the II you should be excited!

No. If u think it’s a red flag then decline. Someone else would be happy to take it. So many people are so neurotic here.

II this morning, i’m elated!!!
do any current students/accepted students have any input on how they’re coordinating their housing plans with the move to portland?

No. If u think it’s a red flag then decline. Someone else would be happy to take it. So many people are so neurotic here.
It kind of is a red flag actually when they claimed their interview season would be over latest early April and they’re now scheduling interviews for late May. Too many people have to be withdrawing A’s and interview invites for them to still be interviewing this late in the cycle. The question is why. No one said @Celts36 was gonna decline the offer, but clearly we all just have questions. We’re all just figuring it out.

It kind of is a red flag actually when they claimed their interview season would be over latest early April and they’re now scheduling interviews for late May. Too many people have to be withdrawing A’s and interview invites for them to still be interviewing this late in the cycle. The question is why. No one said @Celts36 was gonna decline the offer, but clearly we all just have questions. We’re all just figuring it out.
The students probably had multiple offers and chose to attend elsewhere. I don't think that's a poor reflection on the school. Those students for various factors could have chosen to attend other schools.

The students probably had multiple offers and chose to attend elsewhere. I don't think that's a poor reflection on the school. Those students for various factors could have chosen to attend other schools.
Yes, I’m defiantly going to accept the interview was just an eyebrow raiser as I’m surprised so many students are choosing offers elsewhere over accepting the offer from UNE

can anyone who sent a letter of intent and got accepted after PM me? especially if you're a new englander/have strong ties to the area :)

Anyone else who has been waitlisted for a bit getting more anxious???