About oversea medical schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1043878

Hey guys,
I am an international student studying in an American university. I am going to apply to both MD and DO school this coming May. Since there are only a limited number of U.S school that I can apply to, I started considering foreign medical schools. So I have two questions:
1) I want to practice medicine in US, but if I go to a foreign school and become an IMG (plus I dont have an US citizenship), is it going to very hard for me to get US residencies?
2) I noticed Sackler has a special relationship with NY hospitals, if I go to that school, will I have a decent chance of getting a NY residency?

Members don't see this ad.

1) I want to practice medicine in US, but if I go to a foreign school and become an IMG (plus I dont have an US citizenship), is it going to very hard for me to get US residencies?

yes

2) I noticed Sackler has a special relationship with NY hospitals, if I go to that school, will I have a decent chance of getting a NY residency?

not necessarily, though they match better than other international schools. While the New York State Education Department reported that the program “meets or exceeds accepted standards of academic quality,” they aren't LCME accredited

Reactions: 1 users
All IMGs I know matched this year. However they are all US born kids went to Caribbean or India( after HS). All matched in IM/FM.