2023-2024 Cooper (Rowan)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How would they feel about a day 15 submission? I went to submit but was automatically logged out from inactivity and lost an entire essay. Now I need to redo the entire thing and it's past midnight... Let that be a lesson to me not to do the essays directly in the page. I hate working with these portals.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would they feel about a day 15 submission? I went to submit but was automatically logged out from inactivity and lost an entire essay. Now I need to redo the entire thing and it's past midnight... Let that be a lesson to me not to do the essays directly in the page. I hate working with these portals.
Don't sweat it! 2 weeks isn't a hard deadline by any means since their email says it's a recommended deadline. Submit it anyway, you never know how they'll see it unless you do.

Don't sweat it! 2 weeks isn't a hard deadline by any means since their email says it's a recommended deadline. Submit it anyway, you never know how they'll see it unless you do.
Thanks. I was aware it wasn't a hard deadline but I also tend to worry that recommended deadlines are actually ""recommended"" deadlines. I'll try not to worry about it too much. My app won't even be complete here until the 15th because that's when my preview score comes, I was just trying to submit it on time to avoid looking unprofessional regardless.

Cooper doesn’t require preview it’s just recommended. I’m not taking preview for cooper, and i was complete the day i submitted my secondary

OOS II received today, complete 7/23. First II and super excited :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here didn't recieve a secondary yet. I was verified on 6/23, but added the school a month after my MCAT score release.

I went ahead and applied here after reading more about it, even though I'm OOS with no ties to the area. The focus on the underserved, humanistic medicine, and community service all speak to me in a profound way that aligns with a lot of my experiences. Heck, as I was reading about CMSRU on their website, I thought "If I were to build a medical school from scratch, this is exactly how I'd build it." I got the secondary the day after transmitting my primary to them and submitted my secondary a few days ago. My fingers are crossed for an II! Good luck to everyone here. It seems like an amazing school.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I went ahead and applied here after reading more about it, even though I'm OOS with no ties to the area. The focus on the underserved, humanistic medicine, and community service all speak to me in a profound way that aligns with a lot of my experiences. Heck, as I was reading about CMSRU on their website, I thought "If I were to build a medical school from scratch, this is exactly how I'd build it." I got the secondary the day after transmitting my primary to them and submitted my secondary a few days ago. My fingers are crossed for an II! Good luck to everyone here. It seems like an amazing school.
We have similar stats and interests and I got an II here so you likely get one too :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here didn't recieve a secondary yet. I was verified on 6/23, but added the school a month after my MCAT score release.
Yea, I think I got ghosted and probably won't receive a secondary here. Oh well. Congrats to everyone that got an interview.

OOS II received just now!!! Complete 7/20 LM 76. I can’t believe it

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I noticed from the description of the curriculum that they have dedicated STEP II study time (2 weeks). Is there anything like this for STEP I?

How long did it take you guys to get a secondary after being verified?? IS applicant btw

I noticed from the description of the curriculum that they have dedicated STEP II study time (2 weeks). Is there anything like this for STEP I?
I'm pretty sure its 4 weeks for step 2 and nothing for step 1

I'm pretty sure its 4 weeks for step 2 and nothing for step 1

https://cmsru.rowan.edu/documents/education-documents/academic-calendar-8-10.pdf

From here it looks like they do have a dedicated step 1 study period, May 6th-June 28th this year

Anyone had their interview and willing to share about the experience?

Should I assume I was screened out if no secondary by now, or are applicants allowed to ask admissions? OOS applicant who was verified earlier in the summer

Should I assume I was screened out if no secondary by now, or are applicants allowed to ask admissions? OOS applicant who was verified earlier in the summer
I'm literally in the same exact position

There’s probably no harm in asking them for one if they haven’t sent you a pre-secondary R.

Current M1 at Cooper. Don't hesitate to reach out for any questions/advice.

Reactions: 4 users
I was interviewed on 9/15. It's their 2nd week of interviews iirc, and they said they will let us know on 10/16 during the info session.

I was interviewed on 9/15. It's their 2nd week of interviews iirc, and they said they will let us know on 10/16 during the info session.
Thanks for sharing! Interviewed same day and hoping for a call. Congratulations!!

Priority waitlist by email at 1pm. Congrats to all those with the acceptance and good luck to the rest!

• Care
OOS A!!! Got the call this morning! I literally can’t believe it
Interviewed on 9/22!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS II received today, complete 8/17.

It actually ended up in my spam folder—I guess checking it every day finally paid off

Last edited:
  • Love
Also OOS II yesterday! I think I was complete 2nd week of august :)

• Love
for those of you who interviewed, what did you do about thank yous? did you do one joint one for both interviewers or 2 separate

Just received an II, I’m really interested in Cooper but hadn’t seen the previous posts about the limited OOS spots. I have extensive service that aligns with the school’s mission but don’t have ties to the area. Wondering if my chances are already low and if doing well in the interview won’t push it much? Any tips on how to prepare? Also is the interview open-traditional?

Just received an II, I’m really interested in Cooper but hadn’t seen the previous posts about the limited OOS spots. I have extensive service that aligns with the school’s mission but don’t have ties to the area. Wondering if my chances are already low and if doing well in the interview won’t push it much? Any tips on how to prepare? Also is the interview open-traditional?
I think Cooper is pretty OOS friendly, especially if you are mission fit. I'm OOS but n=1. The interview is semi-open, traditional

just got the A!! interviewed last week so fast turn around :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users