2023-2024 Cooper (Rowan)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone hearing back tomorrow!!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS II received today! Does anyone have advice for the interview day? I saw someone say that it’s semi-open, what exactly does that mean?

OOS II received today! Does anyone have advice for the interview day? I saw someone say that it’s semi-open, what exactly does that mean?
It simply means that you’re going to be interviewed by two faculty members. One has read your application and the other one has not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It simply means that you’re going to be interviewed by two faculty members. One has read your application and the other one has not.
also for context it’s one interview, where it is yourself and the two interviewers

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Happy Holidays everyone!!
Anyone who had an interview, please share your experience. Looks like it is 30 mins interview with an admission committee member. Or multiple members? How was the Interactive question & answers section?
Thank you!

Hello! Happy Holidays everyone!!
Anyone who had an interview, please share your experience. Looks like it is 30 mins interview with an admission committee member. Or multiple members? How was the Interactive question & answers section?
Thank you!
Yeah it is interactive - it will be yourself, and two interviewers at once. One is faculty/doc, and other other is a community member. For mine the doctor was closed file, and the community leader was open file (had read my app prior). It was pretty similar to other traditional interviewers with standard questions and follow up depending on what you respond with. Very low stress

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it is interactive - it will be yourself, and two interviewers at once. One is faculty/doc, and other other is a community member. For mine the doctor was closed file, and the community leader was open file (had read my app prior). It was pretty similar to other traditional interviewers with standard questions and follow up depending on what you respond with. Very low stress
Thank you for your response! So from my understanding, 30 mins interview will be with 2 interviewers like you said.
After that, there is Interactive questions & Answers Session from 10:20-12:30 with Dean and Admin. Officer.
I assume that is a section where we ask any questions we might have about the school, right?
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thank you for your response! So from my understanding, 30 mins interview will be with 2 interviewers like you said.
After that, there is Interactive questions & Answers Session from 10:20-12:30 with Dean and Admin. Officer.
I assume that is a section where we ask any questions we might have about the school, right?
Thanks again!
Yes you can ask questions then, and there is a student Q/A in the day as well

Given that the interview is with 2 people (one who has read our file and one who has not), are we allowed to disclose information from our app? Ex: grades, names of institutions, etc.

Given that the interview is with 2 people (one who has read our file and one who has not), are we allowed to disclose information from our app? Ex: grades, names of institutions, etc.
You can but the closed file interview is about you as a person, not your grades.

So no need to mention gpa, mcat, etc unless they ask questions about it (they dont)

You can but the closed file interview is about you as a person, not your grades.

So no need to mention gpa, mcat, etc unless they ask questions about it (they dont)
Its only one interview though, right? Which is technically "semi-open"?

Its only one interview though, right? Which is technically "semi-open"?
Sorry yes i thought you were asking about the med students meet and greet.

I wasn't asked about grades in any of the interviews, but may be because I was a strong applicant from that stand point.

Good afternoon, how long do you normally have to wait after an interview to receive admission committee decision?
Thanks!

Good afternoon, how long do you normally have to wait after an interview to receive admission committee decision?
Thanks!
The Thursday after the Friday of your interview (so 6 days, they move fast)

Any recent IIs here or has it been radio silent for everyone still waiting? :(

I swear Jersey schools are so behind, legit nothing from RWJ and Cooper meanwhile been waiting from October interviews for NJMS and Hackensack; only Rowan DO was on time

I swear Jersey schools are so behind, legit nothing from RWJ and Cooper meanwhile been waiting from October interviews for NJMS and Hackensack; only Rowan DO was on time
I feel… only have had interviews at Rowan virtua and NJMS… can my state schools pls love me :(

• Care
I feel… only have had interviews at Rowan virtua and NJMS… can my state schools pls love me :(
Same with me!! I also only have those two schools under my belt for my IS schools but I have 3 others OOS with schools in NY! Praying that our NJ schools are just severely behind

Same with me!! I also only have those two schools under my belt for my IS schools but I have 3 others OOS with schools in NY! Praying that our NJ schools are just severely behind
WL at cooper, II at RWJ this week, but I have T20 interviews from OOS. There is a part of me that thinks maybe the NJ schools are screwing the in state students more this year in favor of bringing OOS talent lol.

Reactions: 2 users
WL at cooper, II at RWJ this week, but I have T20 interviews from OOS. There is a part of me that thinks maybe the NJ schools are screwing the in state students more this year in favor of bringing OOS talent lol.
Honestly even if that were the case I don't think the in state apps would take THAT big of a hit. I know NJ schools are notorious for being a VAST majority of IS students even with increasing rates of OOS applicants. It could be anything but I hope that they're all just behind for the sake of our IS apps!!

To confirm: no one else was/is able to see who their interviewer is, correct?

Just got the priority WL email :( does anyone know if they have different levels in their waitlist?

There should be two waitlists. From what I heard, historically, everyone for the past couple years on the priority WL have gotten an A but that’s not really the case for the regular WL unfortunately

There should be two waitlists. From what I heard, historically, everyone for the past couple years on the priority WL have gotten an A but that’s not really the case for the regular WL unfortunately
Hello! Thanks for response. I just found out. I will stay positive and i wish everyone good luck!

• Care
Thanks for your response! Just wondering, where did you hear this? I don't want to give myself too much false hope being on the priority WL 😅

You guys can go through the previous threads from the previous years like 2022-2023, 2021-2022, 2020-2021, etc - they're all publicly available :) (this can be training for the chart dives you may do in medicine lol).

For my year (2019-2020) and the prior year (2018-2019), they took everyone off the priority waitlist. If you see posts in those threads in May / June with people stating that they got off the regular waitlist that's a clear indication that CMSRU accepted everyone off their priority waitlist.

Last edited:
You guys can go through the previous threads from the previous years like 2022-2023, 2021-2022, 2020-2021, etc - they're all publicly available :) (this can be training for the charting dives you may do in medicine lol).

For my year (2019-2020) and the prior year (2018-2019), they took everyone off the priority waitlist. If you see posts in those threads in May / June with people stating that they got off the regular waitlist that's a clear indication that CMSRU accepted everyone off their priority waitlist.
Perfectly explained!

You guys can go through the previous threads from the previous years like 2022-2023, 2021-2022, 2020-2021, etc - they're all publicly available :) (this can be training for the chart dives you may do in medicine lol).

Thanks so much!

for those that have interviewed, i was wondering if anyone can share their experiences. Is it only one 30-minute interview or are there more interviews after?

has anyone w similar stats (508, 3.89sgpa) received an ii or an a from here?