2023-2024 Cooper (Rowan)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got the A!! interviewed last week so fast turn around :)
Congrats! That is so awesome that the turnaround was that fast

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be a bad idea if I were to apply to Cooper now? I am not sure if its too late. I could probably get the secondaries within a day or two of receiving them.

Appeal to school-specific thread: Cooper Rowan SOM recommended PREview for the 2023-2024 cycle.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

Did anyone get the call yet? I thought it would come around 9 if we got the A right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed and I really enjoyed the day! Super low-stress interview format.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, should I be worried I haven't received an II yet? Complete 10/8, OOS, LM 78

Just got the call! First A.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
anybody else hear back that interviewed last friday?

anybody else hear back that interviewed last friday?
Everyone should be hearing back today but it's possible that they're not done sending out calls for the morning—I was on the phone with them for a while so I'd imagine it takes some time for them to get to everyone who's been accepted. I'd hang tight for a little while until you see an email suggesting otherwise.

Put on the WL after interview Friday, wishing luck to all those with A’s!

• Care
Are there different types of waitlists: high-priority and regular WL? How early can they notify you?

Are there different types of waitlists: high-priority and regular WL? How early can they notify you?
I got priority WL but i’m not sure if there is “high priority” or some other grouping

Pre-secondary R a few hours ago. At least they didn't ghost me until the spring time :(

any admitted students know anyone with a 508 mcat accepted here? how much of a long shot is that:cryi:

any admitted students know anyone with a 508 mcat accepted here? how much of a long shot is that:cryi:
Their 10 percentile MCAT is 507, so 10% of their current class has less 507. Not a long shot with a 508.

Reactions: 2 users
just to add another data point from last year's cycle:

I was a low-stat, OOS ORM (from CA) who applied to and was complete at Cooper late Oct.

I then sent an update letter mid-Nov, and received an II late Nov. I interviewed early Jan, sent another update letter mid-Jan, and was put on the Regular waitlist late Jan.

And then after months of silence, I got a call from the Dean in early June with an acceptance.

So, hang in there! Especially for the late applicants like myself.

just to add another data point from last year's cycle:

I was a low-stat, OOS ORM (from CA) who applied to and was complete at Cooper late Oct.

I then sent an update letter mid-Nov, and received an II late Nov. I interviewed early Jan, sent another update letter mid-Jan, and was put on the Regular waitlist late Jan.

And then after months of silence, I got a call from the Dean in early June with an acceptance.

So, hang in there! Especially for the late applicants like myself.
That gives me hope! Did you send them an actual update or was it more so that you're still interested? Or both?

That gives me hope! Did you send them an actual update or was it more so that you're still interested? Or both?
Both - I'll admit I was grasping for an update but I do attribute sending my update letter to getting an II so quickly, I got it like a week after I submitted my update.

Ah just got the email, priority waitlist, hopefully it can turn into an A 🤞

Just removed myself from the priority waitlist! Y'all got this :)

Accepted this morning at around 9 AM CST. Praise the Lord!!! OOS but very close ties to North Jersey (parents) and Philly (college). Very committed to enroll :)

That's awesome! I saw that there was a spot on the portal to upload an update letter? Did you email them because there wasn't a spot to upload for you last year?
I uploaded both letters to the portal

Anyone hear back after applying in october?
I haven’t heard anything and I applied in October. Maybe because of my low MCAT, 507. I did well in all subsections, except Cars. Anyone in similar situation?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users