2023-2024 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the first couple days of may when they normally send a lot out because of the April 30th deadline? I am little lost on what this deadline means, I thought after match day everyone just has one acceptance
They did.
But when people leave TMDSAS schools because they also have an offer OOS, spaces are created for you on WLs to move up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the first couple days of may when they normally send a lot out because of the April 30th deadline? I am little lost on what this deadline means, I thought after match day everyone just has one acceptance
april 30 is the last day you can hold multiple offers for med schools so if someone is holding an OOS acceptance, they have to pick between UTRGV and that OOS school (if they pick the OOS school, a person is taken off the waitlist) - this means if someone is waitlisted for another program (let's say UTSW) and someone from that school withdraws their acceptance, someone accepted at UTRGV who was on the waitlist for that other school could withdraw their UTRGV acceptance, meaning UTRGV takes someone off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
based on this page, it looks like there’s been no in state waitlist movement - remember the IS and OOS waitlists are different - i think we just have to be as patient as possible and if we get off the IS waitlist, post it here so people know there’s movement

Reactions: 2 users
Does UTRGV typically notify waitlisted applicants for when their class is full? I wish we knew how many spots still needed to be filled