2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They're not sending out any more II's.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist from 11/15 interview date

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this question has already been answered but does anyone know what the average step 2 scores have been over the years here?

Also, does anyone know if CUSM has an in person “second look” day for those who got accepted?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this question has already been answered but does anyone know what the average step1/step 2 scores have been over the years here?

Also, does anyone know if CUSM has an in person “second look” day for those who got accepted?
Step 1 is P/F now and they do have a VIP day! They invite admitted and waitlisted

Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.

Can anyone find the Match Day results for CUSM online for any of the past years? I’m finding it easy to find it for other schools but can’t find any official match lists for CUSM yet…

Can anyone find the Match Day results for CUSM online for any of the past years? I’m finding it easy to find it for other schools but can’t find any official match lists for CUSM yet…

This is the most I could find:

CUSM Match Day 2023 Breakdown:

100 percent match rate
54 medical students performing residency throughout California
26 medical students performing residency in the Inland Empire of Southern California, where CUSM is based.
17 specialties represented with Internal Medicine and Psychiatry being the most prolific areas for this year’s class.

This is the most I could find:

CUSM Match Day 2023 Breakdown:

100 percent match rate
54 medical students performing residency throughout California
26 medical students performing residency in the Inland Empire of Southern California, where CUSM is based.
17 specialties represented with Internal Medicine and Psychiatry being the most prolific areas for this year’s class.

Yes I found that too however I was really hoping to find a more detailed list showing all the specific specialties and locations of the matches. Thank you so much for your help though!

Yes I found that too however I was really hoping to find a more detailed list showing all the specific specialties and locations of the matches. Thank you so much for your help though!
If you have MSAR they have a pretty good breakdown of which specialties they matched into as well as the percentage of the class that matched into that secific specialty (but not specific programs). I also watched the match day video they put out to see what programs they matched into if thats something you want to do. I just sped up the video and turned on the subtitles until I could find out the program and specialty :rofl:

2023!

I've tried looking for the 2023 list for a long time with no luck, but here's the 2022 list: OFFICIAL - 2022 Match Lists
1709664349096.png

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
As in they aren’t giving out acceptances anymore or IIs or both?
From what I understand, I believe this is referring to interviews being offered. In terms of acceptances it's going to come down to who they pull off the WL. Best of luck to all you wonderful people waiting to hear back rn, make sure you take care of yourselves during the process:))

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this question has already been answered but does anyone know what the average step 2 scores have been over the years here?

Hey! so I'm not entirely sure about Step 2 averages but currently knowing someone who's an M3 at this school rn and looking to match anesthesiology, I would assume their averages are quite strong (also considering their match list for being such a young school). CUSM did a VIP (visit-in-person) event at the end of last month that was actually very engaging and hands-on! Not really just being led around the school, there was definitely more to it:) the next one should be early April per previous comments in this thread. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
From what I understand, I believe this is referring to interviews being offered. In terms of acceptances it's going to come down to who they pull off the WL. Best of luck to all you wonderful people waiting to hear back rn, make sure you take care of yourselves during the process:))
Sorry, just to clarify, does this mean they won’t be offering any more acceptances and only admitting students from the waitlist? Because I think those that interviewed in December have still not even been reviewed yet. Thank you for your insight!

Sorry, just to clarify, does this mean they won’t be offering any more acceptances and only admitting students from the waitlist? Because I think those that interviewed in December have still not even been reviewed yet. Thank you for your insight!
I interviewed December 1st and still haven’t been reviewed, so I would hope they aren’t just WLing every single person from December on

I interviewed December 1st and still haven’t been reviewed, so I would hope they aren’t just WLing every single person from December on
Yeah, I interviewed mid December and it’d be disheartening if they aren’t offering any more acceptances and only accepting waitlisted students if they haven’t finished reviewing all applicants.

Yeah, I interviewed mid December and it’d be disheartening if they aren’t offering any more acceptances and only accepting waitlisted students if they haven’t finished reviewing all applicants.
How do you know if they’ve reviewed you? And what does that mean… just curious!

I see there has been some confusion regarding what an applicant was told about interviews; to set the record straight, they are no longer offering more interviews for this cycle. However, this does not mean that only waitlist offers will be sent out moving forward, and it does not mean that any further acceptances will be from the waitlist only.

Acceptances are still being sent out, and you can still be offered an acceptance without a waitlist.

I noticed someone said future acceptances come down to "who is on the waitlist," which is not a true statement. Do not lose hope if you interviewed in late November onwards and do not automatically assume you will only get a waitlist offer or a rejection at this point. The class is not full!

Reactions: 6 users
How do you know if they’ve reviewed you? And what does that mean… just curious!
Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t mean to imply that I was told if I’ve been reviewed or not. It was just based on the fact that people who interviewed in November are just now starting to hear back, and I assumed they’ve been reviewing applicants in order of interview dates. This is not fact, just what I assumed.

I see there has been some confusion regarding what an applicant was told about interviews; to set the record straight, they are no longer offering more interviews for this cycle. However, this does not mean that only waitlist offers will be sent out moving forward, and it does not mean that any further acceptances will be from the waitlist only.

Acceptances are still being sent out, and you can still be offered an acceptance without a waitlist.

I noticed someone said future acceptances come down to "who is on the waitlist," which is not a true statement. Do not lose hope if you interviewed in late November onwards and do not automatically assume you will only get a waitlist offer or a rejection at this point. The class is not full!
Thank you so much for the clarification, I really appreciate it!

I received the VIP invite but I am not on Waitlist or Admitted list lol. Do other people have this same experience?

I received the VIP invite but I am not on Waitlist or Admitted list lol. Do other people have this same experience?
This is definitely a new one… especially considering they talk to you at VIP day like you’ve been admitted 😭 I was like damn goals

I apologize if i scared anyone, that was a genuine mistake I just misinterpreted the previous post's intended meaning. Thank you for clarifying further! Best of luck to any and all who are still in the running:)

When I said I had not been reviewed I just meant i have not received a decision yet
You won't necessarily know for certain of their review of your app until they email you the actual decision (A, WL, R). From there, it becomes a waiting game.

Do you guys think going to VIP day is worth it if you’re on the WL?

IS A today, LM high 60s. Orientation is mid-July. I'll be attending another institution so I'm praying this goes to one of y'all here on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users