2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
At this rate December people won’t hear back until mid April

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
any other mid-november people get excited every week and then hear nothing

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder how many people they go through every week because I feel like they’ve been going through November interviews since January 🥲 it’s March and it still seems like a good fraction of us haven’t heard back yet still

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder when early/mid December II results will come out :(

Update: In infosession they said 10-12 weeks, and that they are meeting weekly

I wonder how many people they go through every week because I feel like they’ve been going through November interviews since January 🥲 it’s March and it still seems like a good fraction of us haven’t heard back yet still
I just attended the Virtual Engagement day and they said that they review 30 applicants every Thursday. They also said 8-10 weeks from Kira submission. I’m on week 12 at this point, but not giving up hope.

Reactions: 1 users
I just attended the Virtual Engagement day and they said that they review 30 applicants every Thursday. They also said 8-10 weeks from Kira submission. I’m on week 12 at this point, but not giving up hope.
Oh wow 😯 Did they happen to say how many interviews they gave out?

How many applicants does this school typically waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
We thinking they're finally gonna be into December this Friday?

Seems like last week was another mid-November meaning 2 more weeks worth of interview dates to notify….do we know what the latest date notified on Friday was?
Looking back 11/16 seems to be the latest date notified. So I think for those that interviewed in december we'll still have to wait a couple weeks 😭

I emailed admissions a little while back and they said waitlist movement doesn't start until late march - mid april! so theres some time left before waitlist movement
First reported waitlist on here for last years class was 3/4 with about 10-15 coming before April 30th. Depends when they finish sending out As but most of those moved off early seemed to be IE residents

IS received. Yikes at these questions, and also wondering why the secondary fee waiver isn't applying!
Interesting, some schools last cycle didn’t let me waive the secondary fee either despite FAP. One school, MUSC, didn’t let me waive my secondary fee on the grounds that “they are a state-funded institution in South Carolina and they do not abide by any federal or national institution regulations”.

Seems like last week was another mid-November meaning 2 more weeks worth of interview dates to notify….do we know what the latest date notified on Friday was?
Were there any interview invites during those weeks though? I don't see any on SDN, big gap from mid-Nov to early-Dec

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long is the Virtual Engagement Day? I have work and I really appreciate it if someone would tell me aprox. how long it is?

Does anyone know how long is the Virtual Engagement Day? I have work and I really appreciate it if someone would tell me aprox. how long it is?
the one I went to went from 10am to 1:30PM! they also don't mind at all if people leave early, so if that's your concern then you'll be ok :)

I’m sorry of this has already been asked/answered but is there a group chat for those accepted to CUSM?

Is there still even a chance they’re accepting applicants without waitlisting them first? I’m just getting a little nervous since it’s late in the cycle now and they haven’t even reached December applications.

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LFG IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR IVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS MOMENT IM SO HAPPY I HAVE SNOT ON MY FAVORITE SHIRT

edit: interviewed early november, waitlisted late january

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LFG IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR IVE WAITED 3 YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT IM SO HAPPY I HAVE SNOT ON MY FAVORITE SHIRT

CONGRATS!!!! email or call?

I guess I’ll eat my previous words then haha congrats to you guys! I didn’t know schools accepted people off the waitlist before reviewing all applicants

I'm withdrawing my A so hopefully it frees up a spot for one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
CONGRATS!!!! email or call?
just an email! I was making a quesadilla and it was completely unexpected

hoping & wishing for everyone else on the waitlist and those still waiting to hear back!

I guess I’ll eat my previous words then haha congrats to you guys! I didn’t know schools accepted people off the waitlist before reviewing all applicants
I have a feeling they are still accepting people. They have a very unique Admissions process I feel like lol

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LFG IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR IVE WAITED 3 YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT IM SO HAPPY I HAVE SNOT ON MY FAVORITE SHIRT

Congrats right back to you!

• Care
Accepted! Interviewed 11/9, WL 2/9

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
do we think it’s safe to assume that i’ve been ghosted? (11/15 interview) :(

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to all of you! Hoping to hear some similar news soon and join you all from the waitlist. YALL HAVE GIVEN ME HOPE.