2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all you wonderful people for getting off the waitlist!! Looking forward to seeing you all as classmates next year 🥳 for those who are on the WL, chins up! This is hopefully only the beginning.

For anyone interested in joining the admitted students group chat, I’ll add a link below:

Congratulations again to the lucky few today:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Imma add this here… II 9/28… interviewed 10/4… 10/27 engagement day… WL 12/18 and A today 3/15 (did attend VIP day)

Reactions: 3 users
"They" ? You mean the computer and the third party company that are scoring your interview 'characteristics' in the name of fairness.
I don't think that 3rd party companies determine the acceptance, from what I understand they only gauge your interview responses and give the university a composite score of how well you did. The admissions committee has the final say on who to accept:)

"They" ? You mean the computer and the third party company that are scoring your interview 'characteristics' in the name of fairness.

I’m lowkey worried because on the written portion I accidentally wrote over the word limit and didn’t realize until I had 2 minutes left. It’s their fault though because in the prompt they only state there’s a word minimum… so how was I supposed to know? Are they going to dock me points because of that lol

I mean the waitlist was created on March 15 and was changed to acceptance that same day.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m lowkey worried because on the written portion I accidentally wrote over the word limit and didn’t realize until I had 2 minutes left. It’s their fault though because in the prompt they only state there’s a word minimum… so how was I supposed to know? Are they going to dock me points because of that lol
I did something extremely embarrassing on the video portion and it didn’t hurt me so I think ur okay lol

Reactions: 1 users
This article has been posted for the 2024 match, not a detailed breakdown though

There was a word limit??? 🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who’s been accepted on 3/15 receive docusign yet?

Imma add this here… II 9/28… interviewed 10/4… 10/27 engagement day… WL 12/18 and A today 3/15 (did attend VIP day)
Been seeing your username across a few different schools over the past few months and just want to say congratulations!!

Reactions: 2 users
No idea on this one, I’m sorry! Maybe reaching out to the Kira assessment company to see their grading criteria?

Looks like I'm cooked, congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to everyone on the waitlist, hoping the best for y'all!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
here are some matches I found from the school's photo album, there might be some duplicates but I've done the best I could!

-Diagnostic Radiology @ UCLA
-Diagnostic Radiology @ UCD
-Diagnostic Radiology @ Virginia Mason
-Diagnostic Radiology @ Riverside Community
-Anesthesiology @ UCI
-Anesthesiology @ New Mexico
-Anesthesiology @ U Vermont
-EM @ Highland
-EM @ Riverside Community
-EM @ USC
-EM @ Arrowhead
-OBGYN @ UCI
-IM @ Scripps Green San Diego
-IM @ UA Tucson
-IM @ Rutgers
-IM @ Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara
-IM @ Huntington Memorial
-IM @ Loma Linda
-IM @ UCLA
-IM @ UCLA - Olive View
-Med-Peds @ Loma Linda
-Med-Peds @ U Cincinnati
-Peds @ Cedars-Sinai
-Peds @ Stanford
-Peds @ UCSF-PLUS
-Psych @ Riverside University Health
-Psych @ UCR
-Psych @ UCR
-Psych @ UCI
-Psych @ UCSD
-Psych @ Kaiser San Jose
-Neurology @ Cedars-Sinai
-Neurology @ Los Robles
-Neurology @ U Washington
-Neurology @ HCA Healthcare Florida
-Neurology @ Arrowhead
-PMNR @ Loma Linda
-PMNR @ UCLA
-FM @ Travis Air Force Base
-FM @ Ventura County Med
-FM @ Kaiser Riverside
-Gen Surg @ Arrowhead
-Surg-Prelim @ Kaweah Delta
-Derm @ UConn

Reactions: 5 users
How long did it take for those of you who were waitlisted to receive a VIP email?

How long did it take for those of you who were waitlisted to receive a VIP email
I received one when they first sent it out, it seems like they mass sent it the same Day to everyone... and I was waitlisted but now that I am accepted and have attended, I just got another invite yesterday

I received one when they first sent it out, it seems like they mass sent it the same Day to everyone... and I was waitlisted but now that I am accepted and have attended, I just got another invite yesterday
Congrats! Could you share what day you interviewed and when you got the VIP email? I’m still waiting on mine.
(Hope I’m not making you repeat info it’s a long thread…😅)

Does anyone know if waitlist movement means they’re done sending out acceptances? Or is there no correlation between the two?

Congrats! Could you share what day you interviewed and when you got the VIP email? I’m still waiting on mine.
(Hope I’m not making you repeat info it’s a long thread…😅)
I got mine ~3 weeks after I interviewed! it seems like they do big waves in batches, so if you just interviewed then you might get one soon?

I got mine ~3 weeks after I interviewed! it seems like they do big waves in batches, so if you just interviewed then you might get one soon?
Omg 3 weeks?? I interviewed in early December and have yet to receive any communication or a VIP day invite 💀

• Wow
Does anyone know if waitlist movement means they’re done sending out acceptances? Or is there no correlation between the two?
I don't think there is any correlation. I reached out a few weeks ago regarding my app and they said they haven't even reviewed all of the applications yet (post interview).

Same haha I only got the engagement day invite but no VIP day
I think a lot of the December people are in the same boat. I also only received information about the engagement day. Hoping to hear something this week. It’s been 14 weeks for me since my interview.

have they consistently only released decisions on fridays?

Any December people receive a decision yet? I thought they’ve been sending them out around this time

Today was the virtual engagment day, so maybe they'll release decisions later in the day rather than early on like in previous weeks

Interview 2/27 WL now!!! It isn’t over until it over, trying to stay positive!

Reactions: 4 users
It's so weird how they skip over interview days, I'm so very confused lol

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who else was waitlisted a few weeks ago but hasn't received a VIP email yet?